The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'm hoping for a 1D/2D barrel horse out of the breeding but I was also looking to just have a baby from her as she was my first horse and I love her very much and her bloodlines.
I am torn between what I want as far as gender so I guess it doesn't matter lol.
As far as the color calulator goes I've got a 25% chance of a Dunn, 25% regular Bay, 13% chance Red Dunn, 13% Chesnut, 4% Grullo, 4% Black. So we'll see. Fingers crossed for a Dunn or Red Dunn

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks D! I'm trying to prevent her from getting fat but I don't want to have to play catch up with her weight after the foal hits the ground...So spot on is a good thing :)

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
To me she looks about right too. The only thing I would suggest is to give a good feel along her ribs and backbone, just to make sure the winter woolies aren't obscuring anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had to worry about my mare getting fat, so I put her on a ration balancer instead of increasing her grain. I chose Triple Crown 30. It's got all the vitamins, minerals, probiotics, etc., plus 30% protein. Good stuff without extra calories my fatso mare didn't need.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
30% protein?! :shock: The highest I've been able to find is 16%! But I feed Lilly a Broodmare ration (in addition to hay), so maybe that's the difference. She is also a little piggy and gets fat really easily.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Today we are at day 321! I've been trying to get a picture but it's been raining non stop for 3 days now :( When I go out to grain her today I'll snap a photo. She goes to the foaling farm in 3 days.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.