The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My saddle does not have knee pads and I'm wondering if they make Velcro-Stickon knee pads so I don't have to get a whole new flap or have anything stitched on. Seems simple... Glue piece of Velcro on saddle flap and then piece of Velcro under pad and Velcro on! Velcro is thin too

·
Super Moderator
9,891 Posts
My saddle does not have knee pads and I'm wondering if they make Velcro-Stickon knee pads so I don't have to get a whole new flap or have anything stitched on. Seems simple... Glue piece of Velcro on saddle flap and then piece of Velcro under pad and Velcro on! Velcro is thin too
I think you are related to one of my bosses. :) He's a great guy, just comes up with non-traditional fixes and changes to his gear.

I think you can eliminate the velcro and use a high quality glue from your area hardware store. I say this because the boss I mentioned put a suede seat in his best saddle this spring that way and it is holding up. It's getting some interest and I fear (for our local repair shops) that he has started a trend.

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you went the way of gluing anything on there is special leather glue that I use for my non-horsey related projects that i'm sure would work with saddle leather

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.