The Horse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only been here a few hours and already it's getting old having to go into boards looking for replies that may or may not be there in threads I've posted in.

Could there be an alert system implemented for when some one posts in a thread I've posted in?

If there is already such a system could you point me in the right direction? lol

·
Administrator
35,908 Posts
There's always a record of new posts if you click on the link called 'New Posts' or you can subscribe to threads and to get email alerts when someone posts on a thread you've posted in

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
If you go into your User Control Panel and click on "Edit Options" on the left side, there's an option to receive email notifications when a thread you are subscribed to has a new reply posted to it (which, by posting on a thread, you automatically are subscribed to it).

Also, if you click on User CP, it will show you the threads you are subscribed to that have new replies to them.

On the iPhone, are you using the "Enhanced Mobile View" or the old mobile view? I'm not familiar with the enhanced mobile view, as I don't like it, but on the old/standard mobile view, there's a "New Posts" link at the top of the page.

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
I quickly disabled the notifications options, since getting zillions of emails a day was driving me crazy.
I just go into my user CP and unsubscribe to the threads that I am not interested in responding to anymore or that have run their course for me. And you know how prolifically I post, jaydee. ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts