The Horse Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
I am waiting on a new pair of Ariat Challenge II Tall Boots that I found at Equus for $50 less than everywhere else online! I SHOULD NOT have bought them, but after a failure with an Ebay pair, I just decided to go new. They said I should get them by Thursday, which would have been perfect as my lesson is on Friday, but then I got a call saying they were out of my size and had to order them, so it will take an extra week and a half (BOOO!) It was really nice of them to let me know though. Apparently, 6.5 wides are hard to come by.

I also ordered a bunch of grooming stuff from Horseloverz.com. I found a green Oster grooming kit that was $30 less than everywhere else online, along with a couple other brushes, a cool hoof pick and a tote. It should show up tomorrow. I got everything in lime green except for a couple bits that I got in pink and the tote box is black, which I think will look nice. Can't wait to see it!

I'm also waiting for several textbooks...not horse related, but I think they will show up tomorrow too, so I should have a whole parcel of deliveries to welcome me when I get home from the barn tomorrow morning. The UPS guy is going to think I went on some nutty shopping spree. Maybe it is good that the boots are coming on a different day after all! :p

·
Registered
475 Posts
OOOH!!!! I love shopping!!! I buy most of my stuff from Statelinetack.com

Great prices and it ships really fast for not that much money. And my dad hates sitting around in Mary's as I try on boots, swoon over saddles, and try on all the spurs. So he agrees with buying online because I can write down what it is I want and save it onto a list and he can buy it. We're all happy in the end.

I'm waiting for my girth in the mail right now, and a Troxel Legacy helmet. Because I have to swallow my pride and wear a helmet now that I'm boarding.. And this helmet is the shizz... And as soon as I get the girth I can start riding Cricket. Because the vet came out and looked at her said she needs more muscle and I need to start riding her. SO... ANY DAY NOW!!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That sucks PoohLP for not having your new boots in time for your lesson, but hopefully for you next one, right!

And I hope your girth and helmet come so you can ride Cricket, Thatgirlsacowboy! You will have to show me photos of you wearing the helmet, I am shopping for one as a gift for my mum as she is using an ancient thing that isn't going to do much in a fall and she hates spending money on herself, even if it is safety!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thanks, Pinto pony!! Every time a fedex or UPS or Mail truck comes up our street I run to the door. And then they just drive passed my house and I'm like

"Mah girth? Mah helmet!!!!" lol And then my dad is like

"Nicole... Chill, give it a few days..." and I can't wait three days!!! Lol. Oh the impatience

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yay, my girth and saddle pad and refund all happened today! I rode this morning and of course the pad and girth arrived this afternoon, hopefully this weekend I can get out and ride!

·
Banned
346 Posts
Awesome Jaimie! :)

Let's see what I have ordered...
Show gloves, riser pad, two riding rain jackets, saddle cover, stock tie, and hairnet. I can't wait for them to come in!

·
Registered
475 Posts
My girth and helmet came in the mail today!! I've never worn a helmet before... And I must say I look absolutely rediculous. Is your head supposed to look huge and unporportionate to your body?? It's like an orange on a toothpick. I look like I'm going to tip over because my head weighs a ton...

As for the girth... I am SO scared that the 34 inch wont be small enough. the other was a 37 inch and my trainer told me to go four inches back. So that would be a 33 but they didn't have a 33, they had a 30 and a 34... So I got the 34 and it doesn't look much smaller than the 37. It better fit, dang it!!! I can't wait that long to ride!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Pinto, can I PUHLEEEZE borrow your hubby? I have to beg, borrow, and steal to get my hubby to buy anything horsey related, lol.
Haha, see I use the guilt factor of he just spent so much money on car and motorcycle stuff so I need to indulge my hobbies too :p

Hawaii, let me know how your rain jackets go, I am on the lookout for one. One I can use riding and in general, like hiking or yard work etc.

And Thatgirlsacowboy, most helmet makes you look like a bobble head but they shouldn't be heavy. Just think of the orange getting stepped on by a hoof without a helmet, cause that could be your head in a bad fall!!!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts