The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I'm moving to Gainesville in February, and I need a place to board my mare in the area. She's an AQHA registered reining horse in training, and I need a place where I can continue her training. Looking for a boarding facility with a proper arena (sliders!!!!) and a good atmosphere, and coaching.
I have so far had virtually no luck finding a place for my to board. Need a good place for my girl, I know I have three months to find her a place, but it's so important I find her a good place where she'll be comfortable and happy, and we'll be able to continue training. I'm stressing out!

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the Horse Forum.

You're moving to Gainsville? What Gainsville? There is a Gainsville in Texas, Florida, Georgia (and maybe more. Which one are you moving to?
Cherie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha woah! Totally didn't realize that! I'm moving to Florida, know of anything in the area? Obviously the closer the better, and I don't want to have to drive more than half an hour, although I'd be willing to go a little further for someplace really good.

And thanks for the welcome! Just discovered this site, I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time here... :)

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Sorry I can't help you with personal recommendations. All of the reiners I know are near Gainsville, Texas. Have you tried the NRHA website? They have a state by state list of reining trainers.

Here is a list of trainers from the Florida Reining Horse Association. Trainers List
Google should come up with quite a few sites.

Cherie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mark Rafacz is probably the closest to Gainesville, about 20 minutes south. Another is Steve Mabe, maybe 25-30 minutes south, he is good with young horses and is a NRHA judge as well. Both of these guys have helped me immensely.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cherie- Thanks anyway!

SlideStop- Thanks for the tip, I emailed a tack shop in the area and found a stable, just not sure if it's equipped for reining. I'm waiting to hear back from them.

ReinerRider- Do you have any of their contact info (preferably email)? Also, do they have a barn at which I could board mt horse? Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ReinerRider- Ok, so through Google I was able to find a website and means to contact Mark Rafacz, but had no luck for finding any contact info for Steve Mabe. Do you by any chance have anything?

Thanks!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.