The Horse Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm getting REALLY excited about trying my hand at custom breyers. I've got an airbrush, pastels and primer. It seems that the only thing I don't have is a GREAT horse!

That's why I'm looking for flashy horse to customize. At this point in time I have 4 models prepped, primed and ready to start.

1) Esprit

2) Briton

3) Arabian Mare

4) Huck Bey

If you think your horse would look awesome on any of these, attach some references. :D

I really need someone who's willing to get the shots I need; underbelly, underjaw and throatlatch, tail details, closeup of the face, etc..

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
If you ever do a feathered draft, let me know. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
I have a few pictures of a filly that would certainly be challenging if not beautiful.

I wouldn't be able to get all of the pictures that you need because she is no longer with me but I have several from several angles. The only problem is that they are mostly under saddle.

If you decide to use her for one of them, let me know and I will get you the others of her that I have.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Take a look at the horses in my barn I have a cute little paint. And I love taking pics so I can get you what yu want prblably if you decide to use one of them :)

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Do you sell your Breyers? If so, I would love to talk to you about making me a custom one of my TB.
Me too! My gelding is pretty unusually marked, but he doesn't really suit the body style of the models you have pictured. He'd take about a million years with all his freckles, but I'd love a custom breyer if you would do them!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I absolutely HAVE to do one of your horse! :shock: I agree that he won't fit any of the models I have, so I'll have to find the perfect one. *love*

I'll let you know how it goes. Since this is my first attempt at breyer customization, I'm just wanting to play around right now. :D If it turns out awesome, then I'll totally start accepting commissions. Of course, if you like what I come up with I'll sell him to you.

Me too! My gelding is pretty unusually marked, but he doesn't really suit the body style of the models you have pictured. He'd take about a million years with all his freckles, but I'd love a custom breyer if you would do them!

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
I absolutely HAVE to do one of your horse! :shock: I agree that he won't fit any of the models I have, so I'll have to find the perfect one. *love*

I'll let you know how it goes. Since this is my first attempt at breyer customization, I'm just wanting to play around right now. :D If it turns out awesome, then I'll totally start accepting commissions. Of course, if you like what I come up with I'll sell him to you.

Haha, really? Awesome! If you want to pm me your email address and let me know exactly what shots you need of him, I can email them to you (just for ease of sending pics via email vs loading down photobucket)

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
While my guy isn't very unique other than he's a sabino with a sooty gene (almost black tail), I think he's pretty... if you need to work on your chestnuts:

·
Registered
400 Posts
I just have a boring dark bay haha...blah. I do really want to get a model of Seattle Slew sometime and very slightly customize it to look like him :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
I think maybe the Trad. Nakota horse or the old classic? family mustang look near him. Just a suggestion.
Cant wait to see your progress! will you keep us updated?

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I looked for that breyer, but he was wicked expensive on eBay. :-| Haha! I have a stockier draft breyer that I'm going to resculpt with a new mane, tail and muscle structure. :D

I think maybe the Trad. Nakota horse or the old classic? family mustang look near him. Just a suggestion.
Cant wait to see your progress! will you keep us updated?

·
Registered
84 Posts
My horse is pretty unique. I have some other pics of her gullet, and the other places you were looking for but they are on my mother's laptop which she has with her in utah right now. Oh and the bloodmark on her side. I know there is a breyer that is made that has the bloody shoulder marking but mine is a very unique breed.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts