The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Am looking for advice from anyone who has experience of the following problem. My horse contracted the Pappilloma virus (juvenile warts) at the age of 2 years which covered his sheath and all the inside of his legs. The vet looked at it and said to leave it as it would clear itself. This happened and they all went. However around May this year I noticed some lumps on both sides of his sheath along the centre of his stomach close to the sheath and also on the back of his sheath which can be seen through his back legs. I have counted over a dozen of these which vary in shape and size. I have had the vet back to look at them and she is uncertain as to whether they are warts or sarcoids or both. I have had him on ecinacea to up his immune system and have had blood tests done also a worm count all our clear and he appears to have a clean bill of health. I would like to try a more homapathic approach to the problem before going down the route of having them removed by the vet in what appears to be quite drastic measures. My vet says that as my horse has already had the virus he should have immunity now and therefore should not have anymore warts. However I thought that it was possible if you have the virus even in humans it can errupt at any time and more than once. Someone has suggested putting on Thuja and another suggestion is Camarosa ointment. If anyone has any suggestions I would be very pleased to hear them as I do not want to cause him any pain trying to remove them. My boy is 4 years old. Many thanks.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
If you run the search in this section you'll find several threads on people using the toothpaste to deal with sarcoids (with pics and history). I know nothing about warts though unfortunately. :( Sorry your boy has all this problems!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.