The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was giving everyone there wormer tonight, and on our 600 lb 2 yr old Arab filly. . . I set the dial and locked it and she was fighting me over taking it anyway, but the dial didn't catch and she got a 1000 lb dose. Is this going to make her ill? Do I need to do anything at this point other than watch her? It was Zimectrin Gold.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
ZIMECTERIN® GOLD Paste, when tested at 1, 3 and 5-times the maximum recommended dose every two weeks in 5-month old foals, and at 10-times the maximum recommended dose in a separate study, did not elicit any adverse clinical signs of toxicity. In a foal safety study in younger animals, ZIMECTERIN® GOLD Paste was found safe up to 3-times the maximum recommended dose in 2-month old foals.
Found this on the veterinary edition of drugs.com.
Don't worry :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it would have been another story with Quest...I'm so glad I ordered the Zimectrin - I debated between the two and some of the reading I did on Moxidectin made me weary, and the vet said to use Quest Plus today, but I had ordered the Zimectrin already and used it instead. . . quite glad now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts