The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
He's pssm 1 requires exercise daily to keep from getting stiff muscles. His feet are in excellent shape. Have an great farrier. He's walked an trotted.

Farrier thought barefoot would work for riding being done. Obviously not so shoes/pads will be put back on. Right now he has boots pads on he's sound.

I didn't purposely put harmful stuff on his feet. Ice balling isn't a good thing either they could break a leg. Had issue with it with horse standing in corral.

I've done a lot of changes for this horse diet ,better farrier work. So if I didn't take advice on here I wouldn't of bothered to do any of it. I had him tested for pssm because a poster on here suggested it.

Was also suggested to test hay which I did. Was told horse should probably not be on pasture so I put him in drylot. And a costum made supplement to meet his needs according to hay test...

I messed up I put wd -40 on his feet I will never do that again. Ok lesson learned. Horses feet look fine soles are as they were before wd-40.

And you really make me feel like I'm dirt no good horse owner. @SueC thanks NOT.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Farrier came and put shoes/pads on. Ice was much better this morning,had two day off. A picture of one front foot.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.