The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49,767 Posts
He is very handsome and well built. is he part Paint, or full Walker with a pinto type coloration pattern?

this photo is what gait? It looks like a cross canter:

Horse Liver Working animal Wood Fawn
Horse Liver Working animal Wood Fawn

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, you think he is only part TWH.

this photo also seems to show a cross canter?

View attachment 1117777

⬆ here is a video of my boy from when he was listed.

·
Registered
49,767 Posts
I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Cross cantering is not so uncommon in gaited horses. they seomtimes struggle to sort out the canter. I'm watching his sales video right now.

·
Registered
49,767 Posts
He seems like a really nice guy He's been exposed to a lot, in a very , um, shall I say 'confident' way. The only thing that gave me a bit of concern was how he flinched when the boy threw the blanket on, and the saddle, and moved the garbage bag around his hindquarters. there's some worry there, or discomfort, so that's something to be aware of.

May I ask about your own level of experience? This is a real nice horse, so don't get me wrong if I have any comments.

·
Banned
18 Posts
He seems like a really nice guy He's been exposed to a lot, in a very , um, shall I say 'confident' way. The only thing that gave me a bit of concern was how he flinched when the boy threw the blanket on, and the saddle, and moved the garbage bag around his hindquarters. there's some worry there, or discomfort, so that's something to be aware of.

May I ask about your own level of experience? This is a real nice horse, so don't get me wrong if I have any comments.
I have minimal experience. This is my first horse, I have taking riding lessons for a couple of years.

·
Registered
49,767 Posts
I have minimal experience. This is my first horse, I have taking riding lessons for a couple of years.

ok well, he's a lovely horse. you are very lucky. you will want to have the help of someone more experienced than yourself to help you through any issues that arise. Horse ownership is a big step. Congratulations!

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok well, he's a lovely horse. you are very lucky. you will want to have the help of someone more experienced than yourself to help you through any issues that arise. Horse ownership is a big step. Congratulations!
Thank you so much. My dad helps me, we are planning to hire a trainer. 👍🏻 Hope you have a goodnight.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.