The Horse Forum banner

We finally bought him!!

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  OffTheTrack 
#1 ·
After leasing Scotti for more than 6 months- we finally bought him! He's an 8 year old Percheron/TB cross. I've been riding my whole life and I've never had the chance to own a horse. My husband really wanted me to have him though :D I'm so lucky!

See less See more
#5 ·
Ohhh, I feel your pain! We have a horse that has the same problems. All of his bridles have to come from draft horse places and his halters are huge! Good luck with him though!

#14 ·
he's absolutly stunning!! Love the family shot! and the one of you and him. long wait but im sure its worth it!

My boyfriend still thinks i shouldn't have bought my horse. But hey its working out so far! ha!

and i have the same head problem! my horse is just under 15hh and has a huge head!! i bought him a horse sized fly mask and it was to small! now he needs a new halter and i'm kinda nervice to buy one because of his ginormous face lol

#16 ·
Congrats! He is beautiful and you sure do look happy. I agree with MyBoyPuck - your husband is going to miss you.

Good luck on the headstall. My husband's draft cross ended up having a local tack store make his halter so that a few things could be adjusted to fit him because draft was too big and large was too small. For a riding bridle we use a WB with a few adjustments and it works.

#18 ·
LoL Yea- if he had a normal job, I'm sure he would! But he's a Marine and when he's home he works really long days... he's gone a lot for training and then the dreaded deployment :-/ So, my hope is that Scotti will help me through everything when my husband is gone!

#19 ·
Ahh! I've been looking in all the wrong places for a good man. I never considered the military guys. I was just looking for a guy who golfed a lot! Scotti will definitely get you through the apart time. Now I'm really glad you got a horse!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.