Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And its been tough!

Here is a shot from our first English ride back (I rode her to move cows twice since I got back). I wasnt asking her to do anything special, all I wanted her to do was plod around and be happy :p

And today I pulled my stirrups up a hole and it felt much better. A video is coming :)

But I have a picture of Squiggs all done up English (I bought her a nice black bridle!!!)

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Because this is in the critique section, but I'm not entirely sure because your post doesn't mention anything about it. xD Also, I can only see the first picture... So take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Firstly, your form looks fantastic. Nice lines, heels, and hands. You could benefit from bringing your shoulders back just a little, but nothing too drastic.

Your horse looks good, too. Though, I would try to get her on the bit, and more rounded.

Good luck getting everything pieced back together! I know how much it sucks to take time off.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The video is causing me some grief, so I am going through and getting screen shots.

:)

I'm in love with my position in this photo ^^ Yesterday, Squiggs felt like making me two point her canter until she relaxed and settled into it enough for me to sit it comfortably. So, I did a lot of two-pointing in the canter as well as trying my darndest to give her the best contact I could, and boy oh boy am I feeling it today! But, I can honestly say that two pointing her canter for a while helped my leg when I went to sit, as I have the habit of pushing my leg forward in a canter.

She also seems to like her new snaffle I bought her - its a french link D ring snaffle, and she much prefers it over her other single jointed snaffle!

And because she's cute in her English tack:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.