The Horse Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Rascal came with the name Weasel and Toby's registered name is Motley.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
well i got 2 geldings from a guy and one geldings mom was named Ricky... a white arab... i love this name but its different, his name is Z, just the letter he a big boy 18hh and sweet.

·
Registered
170 Posts
There are a few horses at my barn with odd names
We have:
Apple Jack
Hobbs
Tank (not really odd but I don't like it much)
Strawberry
Kiwi
Pokie
Juicy ( the mare with many names)
Okie
Hoss
Tuff Muffin (poor girl but the Tuff suits her)
and my horse has a strange name herself: Araya

·
Registered
797 Posts
I love people names on horses.. My moms friends had names such as:

Keno, Malcom, Wesly, Norman, Tony..

My cousins have had some off names..

Wrinkles - he's honestly the best gelding ever though, so quiet.
Frinzle - half brother to Wrinkles
Yum Er of a Dream is one of their studs.. like whats a Yum Er? they just call him Yumer lol.

and my guy is named Walter :) We had a rescue app once named Exit.. which fitted. He just wanted to leave.. haha super spooky.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
A mare I tried prior to purchasing my current. This horse was an OTTB; her Jockey Club registered name was Bag of Rocks and her barn name was Butters. Had I kept her her name would have been changed to Highland Heather for show; Amber for barn.

·
Registered
28 Posts
One time I rode a horse named Wart. Not surprisingly, he had a huge wart on his face. Also, my appaloosa gelding's name was Melman when I got him and I never bothered to change it. I call him Mel or Melly Boy sometimes haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
868 Posts
I once looked at buying a horse with a registered name of "Streakin Thru the Bar." :shock:

Another awesome one is Friktion. Spelled just like that. And he was a Tennessee walker. Awesome horse, stupid name.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I didn't read through all 10 pages so I apologize if these are repeats in any way.

I remember a race horse's name coming across the screen and was like, "Huh?" but then I got it. His name was Eequalsmcsquared.

There is a Gypsy Horse stallion known throughout the Gypsy breeding world as "The Horse That Twisted His Gut." Gypsies tend not to name their horses unless there is something really special about them. This was a fantastic stallion, but I guess he got colic..?? Never heard the story behind his name. There is also "The Dock-Tailed Horse" and the "Half-Tail Mare." Not creative, but at least the names identify the horse well. lol

81 - 94 of 94 Posts