The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mom just bought a TWH mare, Generator's Two Tone Lady. She is getting her tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone could help me find info on her and her bloodlines, are they good?

Sire: Generator's Pancho Villa Dam:Town's Shady Lady

Also in her pedigree:
Prides Jubilee Star
Ebony Masterpiece
SLF Ace's Sensation

Her registry number is 20611384 with the TWHBEA.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Noone have any opinions of her lines or anything?

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
I know nothing of TWH lines. I've heard of the name Generator, that's the best I can do :lol:

However, huge congrats to you and your mom for the new addition. I hope to see pictures soon! :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Go to this website. Horse Classifieds from Promised Land Farm, in Virginia, Locust Grove

The people that are selling this horse really know the Pride bloodlines. Pretty much all they deal with is Tennessee Walkers and I'm not sure put I think their actual stallion is Pride of Midnight. They have been working with these horses for years, and can probably answer your questions. They are also very nice. It is a pastor and his wife.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't have access to iPeds anymore so I can't look up the entire pedigree, but Ebony Masterpiece is a good name to have on there. Obviously some Pride line in there as well, but honestly Pride is pretty common. Pride and Ebony Masterpeice are more old-time lines (which I like). Pride of Midnight was never a WGC but produced high quality offspring. Ebony Masterpeice was the 1962 WGC, still before they started showing in pads. The Generator line is a more modern line, seems to be a popular line as well, but I don't really follow the newer lines very much. If you have time please list all the names on her papers. I know (as I am sure everybody does) that you can't ride papers, but they are interesting to look at none-the-less.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure will next time I get down to moms. She called me today, gonna saddle her up tomorrow and see how she rides!

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will report after I go down this weekend and hopefully get tons of new pics if my new camera ever gets here!! Mom hasn't ridden her yet. So far mom says she is very sweet, though she is in heat and Tom is feelin all manly again even though he is dwarfed by the big horses(Satin is 16hh and Angel is 16.2... Tom is barely 15 hh...) mom said he looks like a pony out there with them.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Talked to mom today. She said she rode her yesterday. Says she is skittish and hated the snaffle mom tried on her. So when I go down I am going to try her in Tom's Indian hackamore and see how she goes.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
My older girls aren't fond of a snaffle either. Too much going on with one...bar, tongue pallet pressure all at once. Another reason I like a curb bit, that curb strap gives a pre-signal before any pressure is applied to the mouth.
Let us know how she goes in the hackamore. Can your mom find out what she was ridden in by her previous owner?

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I already know. She was ridden in a curb, but does not know how to neck rein at all, or I would use one on her... I figure the IH will apply basically the same pressure as a curb w/o the mouth piece ans shanks so I will give a try, if it doesn't work out I might just buy a swivel cheek curb until I teach her to neck rein.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She is a cute little roman nosed thing, not 16hh like she was advertised, I sticked her at 15.2, but still not too tiny. Her head is massive! lol.

Already had to do some schooling, she is a spoiled little thing and likes to mouth and bite and paw at you when she gets impatient, so I worked on that, had to thump her on the shin with the lunge whip a few times and pop her in the mouth, but she learned pretty quick to behave herself and stand still.

Drumroll please!

saturday 082.jpg Before a good brushing.

saturday 101.jpg After.

saturday 123.jpg RUN LIKE THE WIIIIND!

saturday 152.jpg Pretty girl.

saturday 088.jpg Huge mat in her mane.. I felt evil having to cut it out, she has sucha long beautiful mane...

saturday 186.jpg Givin Tom kisses.

saturday 183.jpg The chunk I had to cut out....

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
She is very cute. How old is she? She's still built like a young horse. I've never seen an older walking horse with a head that was that disproportionate (I don't mean any disrespect). Hate that you had to cut that big chunk out of her mane, but she really is so cute!

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No disrespect taken, she is a funny looking little thing. She is 3, so hopefully she grows into her massive head! lol

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I didn't think she was that old. As she fills out more, she won't look so disproportionate. She'll probably get taller too...MAYBE 16 hh by the time she gets done growing. If you guys decide you don't want her, I only live a few hundred miles away ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.