The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else competes in western dressage? I'm currently competing in the Intro tests at mostly schooling level with a recognized show coming up. I have an APHA/AWSSR registered gelding who LOVES it! I've completely fallen in love with the discipline.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You look pretty darn good!

When I train, I always teach some basic dressage. It has come in handy on many a dangerous trail ride.

Keep it up and send pics!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm starting Cowboy Dressage but my new ride and I are just getting to know each other. I've settled on my tack and looking forward to beginning at the beginning. I've never risen anything but casual trail rides and I'm very excited.:cowboy:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
@equestrianwife, that is a lovely picture of you & your horse. How did the show go?

I actually took my Canadian mare to our first schooling show in June. I didn't get any pictures taken - I was a bit disorganized and didn't even think to bring my phone with me to the barn. We did alright - rode two tests (intro level 2 & intro level 4). We did get a ribbon for one of them which was unexpected. She was a bit spooky in the arena and was counter-bent nearly the entire test. It didn't help that I was nervous and needed to keep reminding myself to breath. LOL.

We might try another schooling show this summer or fall.

Have you done any more shows this summer??

·
Registered
288 Posts
I’m just starting to ride after a 50 year break. I’m leasing the paint in my profile picture. I’d love to do Western Dressage. I only have an English rig now, but hey guys. Look at the pic. He’s a paint. He needs a Western rig.

Blessings

Rob
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have never done it but I think it is so beautiful! I would love to just go to a show and watch. And yes, I'd love to see more pictures of everyone showing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a newb here but joined the forum after reading (as a guest) some 'interesting' discussions about WD. I am just finally getting back to serious riding after a few years off. I formerly showed all around/pleasure as a youth and in my early college years, but no longer enjoy the direction pleasure is going. I'd love to try reining (and play with it a little for fun), but I'm not quite at that speed. Thus, I've decided to put my focus to WD and ranch riding/ranch pleasure. I've been devouring information as I try to get started, though right now I'm mostly just focusing on getting my horses fit again.

Speaking of learning...I'll be making another thread in this forum momentarily so as not to lead this discussion too far astray.

·
Banned
111 Posts
I’m just starting to ride after a 50 year break. I’m leasing the paint in my profile picture. I’d love to do Western Dressage. I only have an English rig now, but hey guys. Look at the pic. He’s a paint. He needs a Western rig.

Blessings

Rob
Posted via Mobile Device
Perfect idea :D Western dessage will take over in no time and I love it XD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.