The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a certain pad for Apollo. Right now I'm using a 1in thick professionals choice pad that I love, but his left shoulder is muscling up much more than his right so it is causing my saddle to slightly lean to the right. Its not hugely noticeable and it doesn't seem to bother him (yet) and he doesn't have any soreness; although I know he will if I continue to ride him without proper padding. But I need suggestions on a pad to use for him. I know there are some that you can put pieces of padding into the pockets to pad it how you want but I can't seem to find any that I like and wanted your guys opinions on ones you like. I can't afford to spend a fortune because I'm also going to be buying a new saddle soon...I'm foreseeing my narrower treed saddle is not going to fit him much longer now that he is muscling up.

(I'm guessing that his left shoulder is muscling up more because his right foot is more toed out than his left. He constantly switches his leads when going through the corners of the arena when on his "right" lead...his right leg is not as strong. He's going to be my project/pleasure/trail horse so it is not going to be a huge problem)

·
Registered
582 Posts
We use the Thinline pads, they have pocket on each side from front to back that you add shims as needed. Ours were about $150.00, of course it doesnt take the place of a well fitting saddle but can help with minor issues.. good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.