The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing some help with western saddle shopping. Right now I'm looking to upgrade my saddle and get more a low-seat pleasure/equitation ride. I've been borrowing a friend's Blue Ribbon and it is insanely comfortable for my body. I can't afford a Blue Ribbon or Harris myself, even the work saddles, but I have a fairly healthy budget so I'm not going really really cheap either. What brands ride similar to Blue Ribbons?

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
I have not ridden in a Harris or Blue Ribbon saddle, however, with your budget you could buy yourself an older Dale Chavez equitation saddle and get a very good ride.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Man, I found a Dale Chavez like OP would need in Western Arkansas a few weeks back. Sold for 500.00!!!!

Why so cheap? Because no one in Western Arkansas wants an equitation type saddle. I was literally 5 minutes late to buy it myself.

They're out there... and they'd be worth it, IMO.

Reactions: waresbear

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dale Chavez, Billy Royal would both fit your needs. Equitation saddles are cheap in some areas of the country and there are good bargains to be had!

My trainer warned me that the Dale Chavez tend to sit wide in the twist. I'm 5'0 and very petite.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Bob's makes an equitation but I have only ridden in the reiners and cowhorse so not sure how it would stack up to a Blue Ribbon or Harris. I rode in a Harris years ago for a short amount of time and don't really remember how it fit me. (I am tall and narrow).
Maybe buying a used Bob's or see what Continental has that might work?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry forgot to come back and update! I ended up finding a used Steve Flick trainer. Absolutely love it. Super comfortable and puts me in the best seat.

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
My Chavez has quite narrow twist actually.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.