The Horse Forum banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Glad you had a good trail ride.

Hope you find a way to enjoy your break from lessons, or at least get a lot of other stuff done. I had a break from lessons for about 7 months recently, and I just made sure I did a lot of other exercise to replace it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
I got nervous for a minute thinking my journal might've been inactive for too long and possibly locked.
Wow. It hasn't felt like a four month riding break. It feels much longer, especially with a some things going on in my life currently. It feels like it's been ages (and more to come before I get back into it).

I scribbled- yes literally- some horses for a drawing- they were an 'in the far far distance' so I did everything by vague memory. These are the beloved (somewhat feral) Issu-horses! Broad faced lovable hardy oafs.

Ah I haven't been on here to post any pictures..I am absolutely loving how convenient it is now!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
So I decided to do something I wasn't originally planning to--I met up with a friend a the barn. No riding, but it was a fun time regardless, I was a smiling mess. Definitely had to hug my favorite pony there and say hey to my favorite lesson horse.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Ramble time! I will probably revisit this entry when the time comes…
Here I go, updating and planning because I want to be ready. All is explained a few paragraphs down, and this is definitely me being optimistic. I found and added a several professional (read: professionally handled) businesses for the likes of specific Friesian crosses—most of which sell purebreds, and some of which sell warmbloods and other sport horses—though Friesian crosses are their ‘go to’. I’m not really interested in a purebred for multiple reasons (if I were, there are so many companies I could go with that I wouldn’t have to plan as much as I am now)!

I am well aware of the whole franken-horse situation, and I am aware of how Friesian crosses can be scrutinized at times (I know, I shouldn’t care), but I’m not wary of getting a franken horse from these sellers. What is the requirement of a franken horse anyway? Personal opinion? I guess Beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to crosses. I admit there are some things I do and do not like to see concerning Friesian horses and crosses. I will be looking at my options with a ‘non-window shopping’ attitude. I’m sure I’d want some help from this varied community as well.

All of the businesses I’ve been looking over have spectacular credentials and very good looking horses of all ages(pictures and videos, pedigrees and other registration papers). I have a low trust in individual sales- like equinenow or horseclicks, and maybe that’s just a ‘me’ problem. Also, as I’ve said time and time again due to several reasons, I have to (unfortunately or fortunately) buy untried. I am not worried about that however. A few of the companies I’ve spoke with to confirm details have no issue with shipping state to state and internationally and seem rather diligent about it. But we won’t know for sure until the day comes.

My hope is that they stay around for years to come, because if everything goes extraordinarily well, I’ll be looking to purchase in two years or so, but we all know life throws curveballs. I’m being very optimistic! I do know for certain I am moving to NC within that time frame. Again, if things go well (It’s happening regardless). I figured I might as well start narrowing down choices concerning my horse related interests as I start seeing things move forward.

There is a possibility of something life changing happening, which would accelerate everything for me and my mother in a good way! It’s actually scary to think about, which is why my mother and I are planning vigorously for the next 1-2 years.

On that note, I have two potential certifications I can achieve (EKG, TA)and can change my career if I choose to…however, it’s still a bumpy road, and the actual certification tests are right around the corner—one I passed this morning! I feel nervous with everything happening (or potentially happening). More like an excited-nervous energy, it feels like I’m waiting forever for certain milestones, yet at the same time, things might actually happen far faster than I expect it to.

It’s very anxiety inducing (not in the dreadful type of way, but more like a ‘life is throwing a lot of new things at me that I’ve never experienced before—new opportunities all within a year or so’). A while ago I would’ve told myself don’t put the cart in front of the horse. Now? Everything has a strong potential of falling into place when I thought they weren’t going to—and I have to prepare. I’m on the cart trying to tie up loose ends with list writing and the horse is just barreling through (sheesh now I know why watching driving competitions gives me anxiety lol!). I hope all goes well.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sounds exciting. What are EKG and TA certification? Is EKG the same as ECG (echocardiogram)? If so, great career choice, my youngest (now age 7) is a heart kid with a successful repair of cor triatriatum behind her. The ECG technician who first scanned her was essential in her journey, as before that, the doctors did not even think she had a heart defect.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts