The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my newest rescue. It's amazing to see what just 7 days being fed properly can do for a horse...

Day I picked him up (11-9-19)

Saturday (11-16-19)

Pretty sure I see a difference. While not drastic, I think he's on his way! He had a vet appointment scheduled this morning but the vet had a family emergency and we had to reschedule for later on this week. I'm going to have a dental done, full exam, and fecal exam to check for worms. So excited about this guy's future!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Awe that makes my heart so happy! And I can see a difference. The light is back in his eyes. He has hope now. And you gave that to him!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He seems sore on one of his fronts so s call is into the farrier. He has some bars that he's walking on, so he's probably going to need a good trim and a set of front shoes until we can get his feet in order.

He's definitely feeling better. He's getting nippy and what he thinks is playful so we are currently working on manners and that that won't fly here!

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
20 days rehab. Like a different horse. Please be kind about his clip job. He has been sooo sweaty because even today it was in the 80s and he has enough of a coat to live in Nebraska. I am not a professional but its FUNCTIONAL, and Link says he feels much better now!

I had to shave his back legs because treating his fungus with all the hair was just not working. But, again, function over beauty! He is really stealing my heart!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,597 Posts
He is looking really great! :)

Your clip job also looks great :)

Reactions: JoBlueQuarter
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.