The Horse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to ride Kainne after several months off of work. I'm trying to take it really slow with him, so we just walked around the arena a little bit and he did so great! I haven't gotten to ride with him much since I got him because of a bunch of health issues on both parts, but every time I'd ridden him he got worked up or spooked at least once..but today he did just wonderful. I was very proud. I credit that to how much time I've spent with him just on the ground, I think he's gotten to trust me a lot more and realize that he's alright where he is. I'm so glad that we're able to make progress!
I'm excited about finally getting started working towards our goals soon. they've been put off for over 6 months now! it's really been frustrating. but we're finally getting there! :D

anyway, I just needed somewhere to talk excitedly about this stuff. I don't have any horsey friends at all =( and I think I bore them with my rambling on about them all the time xD
but thank you all for your time! :lol:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Gratz on a successful ride!!! It's such a great feeling when your horse really starts to trust you, especially horses like ours that don't trust easily :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts