The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting new stirrup irons for my AP english saddle. Since i jump I do need ones where my feet don't catch but I am not a fan of the open side with rubber band. any suggestions? website options would be great

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
Not sure of the website but there's always google. I prefer Korsteel.

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
theses were two brands i was looking at. what about the plastic or the rubber flex styles?
Rubber Flex? I've not heard of that. But I know some stirrups made from plastic and rubber are very light weight. It's worth looking into and what feels good on your feet.

I personally love metal. It feels more solid and secure to me and it's hard to break (and I'm rough on stuff.) But I can see how that would pose a problem if it has no give or "break" to it.

But if you're worried about, or preventing, a dragging situation.. then it's something to reaaaally research and go over and try. I know at Dover, they've very flexible with their products. Maybe you could put the kind of stirrup on a test saddle, hop on, and see if you like how it feels?

I'm not all that knowledgeable on jumping, either, so you may want to talk to someone like Allison_Finch who could have some recommendations.

Hope you find what you're looking for, OP!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.