The Horse Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Great tips on grooming products!
I know what you mean about keeping the white -white on the paints. Mine I have nicknamed affectionally "poop stain" lol, He always finds the only manure spot to lay down or roll in. : )
I have never tried the Eqyss line yet, I will have to keep that in mind as well.
I love , love , love the Oster mane and tail brush, both horses have one, it works wonders on Radar's thick mane.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The best product I use is "the worlds best hoof oil" (TM)
and plain old liquid paraffin (you use it on medical equipment to lubricate) it de-tangles and moisturises tail and mane, it also leave it glossy and shiny and is so cheap, 5ml will do a whole tail and mane.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just tried the eqyss detangler after acquiring a sample at the mn horse expo and would recommend it to anyone. It worked just and kept Sheba's tail as soft as human hair, I could not believe it. Her tail was still soft even after three days. Has anyone yet to try the eqyss marigold fly spray?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Cowboy Magic Rosewater Shampoo
Cowboy Magic Detangler and Shine
Cowboy Magic in general

I use it on my hair as well as my horses.It makes both of our hair soft and shiny and it smells excellent. It's not the best for bring out the color but you can;t have it all can you? :D

·
Registered
822 Posts
Cowboy Magic Detangler :). I don't know how I could live without it lol. I also like Show Sheen, but if you use it to often it makes the horse SO slippery and it's a real pain. Someone keeps putting Show Sheen on one of the lesson horses at my barn and you can't braid his mane, and his saddle slips all over the place :S. So only for shows, but it makes them look gorgeous :).

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Slick N Easy block
MTG
and my ALL TIME favorite: Shawn-O-Shine wash wand. I guard that with my life.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I make my own coat conditioner. Take a spray bottle and add a few dollops of VO5 conditioner or suave (you can find it at the $ store, it comes in lots of good scents) and a few squirts of Baby Oil (again found at the $ store) and then fill the rest with water and shake it up.Works great and is cheap.

I also like omega horseshine. Its a supplement you put on there feed daily. Works great my horse shine even when dirty.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Brokenspur: if you do conditioner, baby oil and the yellow Listerine is great for manes and tails!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Wow! You have a good memory =) I did end up buying it from that woman on craigslist.... $50, but well worth it. She said you can only get them in California.... I guess that's why I couldn't find one in Virginia. I lucked out, because she was a military wife and uesd to live there.
I remember seeing the add where you were asking where to find the wand .. did you end up finding it somewhere?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

·
Registered
17,078 Posts
I love Showsheen! It's so great to use for shows. :D & MTG for sure.
My favorite shampoo is Cowboy Magic. The shedding blocks & blades are also great for horses who shed like crazy.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts