The Horse Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course there is the Black Stallion, Seabiscuit, Hidalgo, National Velvet, Man From Snowy River, Horsewhisperer, Black Beauty, Ladyhawke, The Last Unicorn.
Any other horse movies anyone recommends?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
The origional "My Friend Flicka" series (My Friend Flicka, Thunderhead, Son of Flicka, & Green Grass of Wyoming) Not the one with Tim McGraw in it, but the older ones that actually go with the books written by Mary O'Hara.

Also, "The Silver Stallion" is good and so is "Misty of Chincoteaque (?)" (I can't spell that word... lol... It looks right, though)

And, you can't forget "Spirit; Stallion of the Cimarron"... Lol, so it's not a movie, well, it is a movie, but in cartoon form, but it's great!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Depends what kind of movie I feel like watching that day.
Best true story: Pharlap
Best fictional: International Velvet
Series: The Black Stallion

Best all around movie I think is Dreamer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also like

Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken and Sylvester.

·
Registered
64 Posts
oh, I LOVE Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken. I also remember watching and enjoying (I think this is what it was called) The Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit when I was a kid. Can't find it anywhere though:( Which makes me think I forgot the correct name.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Wild hearts can't be broken and Hidalgo are awesome..

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
photocowgirl, that is the right name! my dad rented it from netflix the other night and we watched it. that was the only place we could find it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sea biscuit would have to be my absolute favourite <3

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I forgot to add one that I like in my other post...

'Shergar' is a great movie...

But I agree with everyone else, "Seabiscuit" is my favorite... I borrowed it from a friend and have watched in almot five times in a span on three days.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think it's called the White Pony.

I actually don't remember what it was about, only that I watched it twice when I was younger and I loved it. XD

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Though it wasn't really about the horse, I really loved the unicorn in "Legend" with tom cruise. Really old and really cheesy movie. I absolutely adore the Snowy River movies. Hence my oldest horse's name "Denny". That movie is also the reason why I always wanted a black horse.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Black Beauty, Touching Wild Horses, My Friend, Flicka, National Velvet, Spirit, The Young Black Stallion. I love them all. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wild hearts cant be broken = LOVE!

I also really like (I know it's a cartoon), The Last Unicorn. That ones my all time favourite.

And has anyone ever heard of Fargo? I heard it's supposed to be really good.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have never seen any of these movies! I read Black Beauty when I was younger, and loved it! Recently I read the Horse Whisperer and loved that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts