The Horse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
Horse loving mama in Texas
1,258 Posts
This is just one of those no brand saddles that just dont hold/have any value to it, and with the condition its in I say you wont get much/no money for it.
Sorry :(

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
It bears a strong resemblance to my JC Higgins saddle from Sears & Roebuck Company that mom bought brand new for my first horse in 1959. I still have that saddle along with the bridle & martingale in BTA condition.

Yours has tooling on it, mine does not but mine does have taps Covering the stirrups.

There were several well known and not-so-well-known saddle makers who made saddles for Sears and also Montgomery Wards during their years of being real farm stores that sold every darn thing. The real maker could be one of several including Bona Allen😳.

It would depend on the year, who had an agreement with Sears or Wards at the time and who needed money bad enough to make a product for what were then known as farm stores😎😎

When I was a kid Sears-Roebuck had a great livestock department that I would wander around in while my dad perused the Craftsman tools, back when owning Craftsman tools was a badge of honor😍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts