The Horse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will tell you, I have no clue as to what his breeding is so your guess is as close as I will get to knowing.
He is 12.2hh, not gaited, gets very hairy in the winter, choppy trot but really smooth canter, fast walk, very stubborn and lazy. Here are some bad pictures of him, I will get better ones tomorrow when I finish his grooming.

Thank you so much!
~megan

Attachments

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
a cute one !!!!

im really bad at guessing/figuring out breeds though, sorry !

·
Registered
657 Posts
Aw! He kinda looks like Teddy! Maybe a shetland X.... I'm not sure what, but I definitely see Shetland.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I also see Shetland in that head and in his legs.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what we have always thought but my trainer says he is too big to be Shetland unless he was mixed with a large pony or small horse. So she said he wasn't that. Im with you guys, I think Shetland X.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah I'd say Shetland too.
Maybe he's a Shetland x a small QH? I don't know how small QH's can be but I've seen some at like 14.2hh.
I would've said said Welsh x Shetland but there's no dished face =/

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My trainer thinks he is a Shetland crossed with a quarter pony. I noticed a few of you were saying Quarter and all of you are saying Shetland so I think I will just go with that! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
971 Posts
I was going to say, Quarter pony X shetland. He looks a lot like a little quarter pony in our Pony Club, except much hairier!!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
hes a bit big for a pure shetland but he looks a bit like one with all that hair! His face is a little long for one too. I think hes a cross breed so I am going to go with Dolly Mixture!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts