Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, long time no see :D

so im leasing this gelding off my boss to school him and hopefully get him good enough to be used for shows or to sell on to a good home, i been told he was too strong for the previous owners children and thats why they sold him to us

he is a chestnut gelding with a flaxen mane, and his passport tells us nothing about him except his name is Flash and he was born in 1993, making him 16 this year!

he isnt the biggest pony, anly about 13.3hh maybe 14hh im not certain

·
Registered
6 Posts
He may even be Halflinger Cross... I know one pony who's 12.2 and he's got Thoroughbred in
him for gosh sakes - it's so hard to tell without a background... but the mane makes me think there is some Halflinger in there.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
He may have haflinger in him - but if so, I really doubt if he is a purebred. Just doesn't have the typical haflinger look. Over in the UK they have many other pony breeds that could create that "look" than they do over here. I'm thinking Welsh Cob is more likely.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree: When I saw him, I saw a Halflinger. They are ponies, but are often really filled out. He looks a little lighter than most Halflingers. Maybe a cross; some TB or Cob, maybe?

I don't know.

Pretty, though!!!

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
It seems the trend to think anything short and stocky and flaxen chestnut in color is a haflinger - but that is just not the case.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Halfinger cross. With a new forest maybe??
If he has cob in him, its not much i dont think. becausee he hasnt got enough feather. Butt that big thick neck looks cobby. : )

Hes beautiful :D

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I thought Haflingers only came in a light shade of palomino? I would say he might be a cross...

Haflingers aren't palomino. They don't have a cream gene. They are chestnuts w/ flaxen. The current trend is to breed heavily with the mealy gene which creates the really light blondes. However - they can come in chocolate, dark reds, goldens, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.