The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd love to hear ideas on the mix of breeds my filly might have. She is four years old, 15.2hh. I think she is mostly PRE (Spanish) but her deep girth and topline say TB all over at least to me! Her face looks like a Welsh pony, which I suppose might mean Arab blood? Her mane and tail are thick and abundant which is more typical of PRE horses.

While we're looking, any comments on her colour would be interesting. I thought she was some kind of exotic dun roan until I read up about colours on the forum. It turns out she's just plain grey. :-(

Attachments

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Pretty! Her color is rose grey.

She does look quite Spanish to me. I don't really see any TB in her, just my opinion.

·
Registered
72 Posts
She does look very spanish. She also looks identical in her height and buid to my QhxArab.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you post a photo of your horse, Dixieandboo? I'd love to see him /her. Perhaps my filly has an Arab streak - but definitely no QH! They're quite rare over here.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your info, Remali. Rose grey sounds a really pretty colour just from the name. I love it!
Noone's ever said she might have TB blood - it's just an idea I got in my head. I'm probably wrong on that one though.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't think she has Arab or tb in her? She definitely looks Spanish. But tb has Arab in it not too far back so if she had both in I'd say there'd be some more defining Arab features. Could be wrong, probably am. Just what I think.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Hispano Arab. And yes, grey :)
This combination of breeds is being done to create a smart, very agile bullfighting horse in your part of the world.....i am soooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I'll stick with Hispano-Arab. They can vary quite a bit depending on how much Arab comes out in the cross. It sounds like they're uncommon over your way, Deserthorse?

She's certainly agile, and when it comes to detecting water she's as smart as they come. She can tell when concrete irrigation pipes are carrying water even though it's invisible and inaudible (to me). It must be because she's a desert-bred horse!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
right, I've never seen exactly that combination here. Arab x Andie, or the Aztecas, but never a true Hispano Arab. I've seen some in Italy and Germany, when living there, mostly stallions and gelding, and they do look a little different, shorter and more upright.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She looks better in action than when she's just hanging out. She tightens her wobbly lower lip, picks her feet up and suddenly looks like she has class! Chilling out in the paddock she looks more like her grandmother might have been a donkey, if that were possible. :?

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.