The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the popular guess on her breed has been Haflinger/Paint cross. What do you think?

She is 13.3hh and very stocky with big little feet :lol:
What would you call her color and markings? Black sabino? Black overo?

And lastly what do you think of her? Critique.

Here is Juno......

·
Registered
346 Posts
It's is hard to tell with her being so fuzzy, but I really don't see the haflinger in her. I would just say she is a paint. Haflingers typically have pretty flat withers and rounder features. To me her face does not really look like a haflinger's. I don't really know much about color genetics, but I have never seen a haflinger cross that color before. I think that the chestnut color is a dominant feature.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Technically without papers, she's a pinto. Definitely carries Sabino overo characteristics!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks :) I've been calling her -little sabino pinto pony- I guess thats exactly what you all think as well!

Any comments on her conformation, what you see her used for?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I definitely don't see Haflinger, but it's possible. The chestnut color would be masked by the black gene (no agouti) if the paint parent carried it. She doesn't look very pony-like in her conformation, but the head does not scream stock horse to me. Someone mentioned Clydesdale, and the Sabino is very common in that breed. Might I ask how tall she is?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
This thread is from 2009. Please don't pull up old threads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.