The Horse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always thought of him as a dappled grey, but Ikeep hearing people call him a rose grey, and even a clouded grey (never heard of that before)

What would you consider him? I tried to show him in different lights(pictures are oldest to newest)

·
Registered
253 Posts
wow he is a gorgeous boy! Its really hard to tell....he looks more of a charcoal grey, does he have dapples?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'd call him a "Totally-gorgeous-dapple-grey" lol. For rose grey - there'd be a hint of sorrel through his coat to give him a kin of pinkish/reddish glow to him. If that made any sense whatsoever.

And if he's missing don't come to my barn ok? I swear he won't be there.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
I don't know that I would call him a dapple just from looking at those pictures. When I think dapple gray, this is what comes to mind.

I would probably call your boy a gunmetal gray. He is gorgeous, whatever you decide to call him.

·
Registered
13,165 Posts
We usually call that color a Smutty Grey. Whatever color it is, it'll get lighter as he ages.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's some new pictures, sorry about the poor lighting! His winter coat is so much more dappled then his summer coat was :-D

And just to show the difference between mane and tail (think his mane will stay dark?)

·
Registered
13,165 Posts
Winter coats usually dapple much more then in the summer. Hollywood is so dappled right now that he looks like a golden leopard.

·
Registered
987 Posts
He looks to be a dappled gray but regardless he is very pretty to look at.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts