The Horse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I adopted this pretty little mustang last week. She's a red dun but is listed as a pinto as well. I haven't started her under saddle (we're working our up to it)
But I'm stumped as to what color tack would look good on her. I have turquoise rope halter now and it just doesn't look right. Any suggestions would be appreciated 馃檪

Registered
Puka a Mangalarga Marchador Filly
I know it would be a nightmare to keep clean and may not be all that practical BUT I would try to find white or cream colored stuff if I were decking her out. Would go well with her overall coloring and would make her markings pop out all the more.

She is absolutely gorgeous!

Registered
I think blues look good on almost any horse. Maybe that rope halter just isn't the right shade? I think reds or yellows (despite hating the color yellow personally) would look good too. It would probably be a shorter list to name all the colors that would look bad.

Registered
I think Royal Blue would look nice. Or a light tan. Given how dark she is maybe a bright orange?

Super Moderator
I think the color is just not saturated enough.

Registered
My chestnut goes in teal:

Lime green makes a statement:

Hunter green and blue are also options:

Purple:

I agree that white would look really nice too, but I would not want to have to keep that clean.

Registered
I love that photo Avna. For this horse I would use a lighter side tan with a bit of gold to it to bring out the color of this mare. Since in the photo her head looks a shade darker, it would really bring out her color.

Registered
I love all the suggestions, I totally agree the white/cream would look really nice on her but would be a beast to keep clean. Don't wanna have that challenge after every ride..LoL
I like the idea of purple or the light tan 馃
She's only 4 years old so I'm not in a rush to go out and buy a bunch of tack this is more of a fun conversation, especially since like I said I have no earthly idea of what color would look good on her.

Registered
I agree with tan or brown. Why distract from her beautiful orange coat color? She already is a lovely color herself and with those eye popping 4 white stockings.

Banned
I think that tan or brown would look nice. I do love chestnuts/red duns in dark colors like maroon, hunter green, and navy. If it was up to me, I would go with maroon because it would compliment her redish color but not distract from it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts