The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt know where else to put this, so here is goes! This is a wierd question, but I dont want to regret my tack color choices! :oops:

I am going to start buying tack for a brown and white paint, and I was wondering what color I should go with. If you have a paint, or have seen/ride/know one, please let me know what color looks best on them. Pictures are great too! Mia is a very stocky paint too, with a huge muscular neck, if that helps. The tack would be western. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Could you post a picture of the horse your buying for? I'd like to see how much color is on him compared to how much white.

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
You "dress" a paint just like you dress a solid horse. However, patterns tend to look a bit too busy on most paints with loud coloring, so solid colors (or as near solid as you can get) are generally better.

The colors that would look good with a brown paint depends on what shade of brown. Using the color chart/wheel/link MHFoundationQuarters gave you would probably be the best bet since we can't see the exact color of the horse.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have officially decided on turquoise, and have already started to buy and try stuff on! It looks great! Thanks for showing me that color wheel, and for all of the other advice. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.