The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What colours would suit my horse? I am think about getting him a browband and saddle blanket and maybe polo wraps if I can find it in the right colour but I'm not sure what colours would suit him.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Red looks best on bays I think, any color blue (except navy imo) look great too. Black looks nice because it picks up on their dark accents, but in general I don't think dark colors look very good on them. Brighter colors really pop against their brown coats though. If you like neons then those look great too in small amount, but can look a little tacky if you take it too far. Oh, and Maroon, I love maroon on bays :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turquoise would be cool and I also like blue or maroon! Haha white would be a nightmare to keep clean!!! Haha

·
Registered
192 Posts
Almost any color works on a bay. Contrast will make something stand out vs. a color that is the same chroma (like Navy). With a dark horse, a lighter color will pop, or go with the same color of the horse if you want to down-play your tack. OR you can Google photos of Bays until you find something that you think is nice and go with that theme.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Almost any color works on a bay. Contrast will make something stand out vs. a color that is the same chroma (like Navy). With a dark horse, a lighter color will pop, or go with the same color of the horse if you want to down-play your tack. OR you can Google photos of Bays until you find something that you think is nice and go with that theme.
I have a black saddle pad that looks really nice on him with his brown saddle but I'm hoping to find a nice colour for a browband :) ( his bridle is brown to so I'm worried having black on a brown bridle would look funny! Haha )

·
Registered
203 Posts
I love the colour but would it go well with brown tack?
I don't see why not, if you rock it with confidence!

Oh, just remembered- a chestnut I rode had hunter/jump gear that was brown, with a dark green pad... that may look good, since your horse's coat is kind of a reddish brown.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't see why not, if you rock it with confidence!

Oh, just remembered- a chestnut I rode had hunter/jump gear that was brown, with a dark green pad... that may look good, since your horse's coat is kind of a reddish brown.
Awesome :) haha he suits the brown tack to!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.