The Horse Forum banner

What discipline are me and him suited forr??? HELP! pic heavyy!

1853 Views 11 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  charliBum
okay. so i was doing english pleasure....BORING. its just not for me..no offense to anyone else. i have a 3 year old. i trained him so he has the basics. walk-trot-canter-halting-backing-pivots.
well i wanna switch disciplines. but idk what too. something with a thrill. and an english discipline. but i want to do something that he is suited for. because i would never give him up. i do love to jump. and he is an upcoming 4 year old (june). but idk. i cant decide. i jump around ideas of different disciplines. i need helpp!! he is calm, athletic, buit pretty well,he needs something simulating he gets really bored just hacking around a arena. so what do u think me and him(mostly him) are suited for??
oh and PLEASEE CRITIQUE HIS CONFORMATION.
knock yourselves outt:)
and for the videos u need to log onto facebook.
pics....

Login | Facebook

Login | Facebook << hes the paint one

Login | Facebook

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
8,193 Posts
Well, if you like to jump, than jump ;)

Just take it super easy for a while with him being so young, you don't want to over do it on his joints.
In the meantime, I'd be doing some dressage work with him. Get him engaged, over his back, supple, round, and learning lateral work (leg yield, turn on the forehand, shoulder in, travers) and trail ride him. Have some fun while also building on his education and strength in preparation for jumping ;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.