The Horse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cowgirls are sooo cool. I love the hats that dip low in the front - they add an air of mystery to the girl I think.

But alas, I have bangs! For one, hats smush my bangs down so they hang in my eyes. Should I cut, or pull them to the side? For two - and this is major - when the hat comes off I'm a fright. Seriously, I'm ugly when I take the hat off. Even my husband would say "Yipes!" if I let him see me after hat removal. I saw myself in the rearview mirror once after I took a hat off and almost cried. Luckily I had a water bottle and I watered myself down on the spot. (It was summer.)

I can definitely do braids, but the bangs are truly a problem.

WHAT do you do?

·
Super Moderator
26,559 Posts
I just keep a baseball cap handy. You can always keep a headband or sunglasses handy to push the bangs back. I'm a baseball cap girl though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh dear. I think there is no miraculous help. I get the same with baseball caps.

By the way, how do I add my horse so she'll show on a tab above my avatar like yours? I checked the CP but can't find how to do it.

Thank you!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I pin the bangs back in a kind of little "poof". After the hat comes off, It usually looks OK till I can find a mirror and "re-poof" them. Sunglasses pulling everything back after a finger comb-through helps too. In case of true disaster, I go with the baseball hat.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
To add your horse, go onto the tab at the top of the page called "horses" and at the top of that page it says "your barn" click on that and you can add horses from there. :)

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
I brush my bangs back with my fingers before I put my hat on, then I put in on from the front to the back. I mean that I put the band on my forehead and then run my hand under the hat along the top of my head as I lower the back of the hat. It is really hard to explain but my bangs end up flat against the top of my head pointed toward the back. If I don't want to have to do that all the time, I have some of those little clips that bend back and forth that I clip them flat back with. In the summer time especially, hat hair is just something that we have to live with cause no matter how much preparation you do, sweating will always make it look bad.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
i have short hair so my whole head gets hat head and i cant put it up! lol but i just bring another hat along and put it on after :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
smrobs, I think I do understand what you're saying. I'll definitely give it a go. Thanks very much for taking the time to reply!

ridergirl23, you cracked me up. Haha!

savvylover112, sorry I didn't come back soon enough to reply, but I'm glad maura explained the "bangs" vs "fringe" thang.

AnnaLover, I added my horse. Thanks for the directions.;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts