Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my mare Demi.
She was bought in a 3-for-1 deal, and she is basically a weanling in a 7 year old body.
She kind of leads, she is afraid of picking up her feet, but we are making progress everyday.

What do you think about her, and what do you think she would be good in?

^Yes, her leg is screwed up, but here she is holding it really weird, I am getting the vet out again to diagnose her for sure with what she has.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
She's cute! I cant find much, except that she's just a little thin. I dont know what she'd be good in, it depends on her training. What training has she had?

·
Registered
71 Posts
She really looks much younger than 7 years. I think that she will be an astonishing horse, if well trained - I really like her hind quarters!

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's cute! I cant find much, except that she's just a little thin. I dont know what she'd be good in, it depends on her training. What training has she had?
You think she is thin? hmm, I always look at her back and she has a "pocket" around her spine, but her ribs show a bit.
She is really honestly like a weanling, the only thing she knows is kind of how to lead, not anything else.
She really looks much younger than 7 years. I think that she will be an astonishing horse, if well trained - I really like her hind quarters!
I think she will be an amazing horse once her leg gets better and her training startes. I love her hind quarters too!

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
What breed is she? Do you know? SB?

The trot photos look pretty terrific, nice length of stride and reaching well under her body behind.

Can't tell if it's because she's looking off in the distance at something, but her neck set appears to be quite high.

Post more photos as she gains weight/condition.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She is a QH, She normally hold her head pretty even, but I am used to looking at my arab's neck (He has a high neck set).
I will try to post more pics as she fills out, and when I find out about her leg.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I think she looks gorgeous!
I'm positive you both will be learning a lot together! :D
Good luck!!

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
Seahorseys, you're right, she does have a thin neck with out much muscling on top, however, I wouldn't call it a ewe neck yet. If when the horse gains weight and condition, she doesn't put any muscle on top of her neck, *then* you can call it a ewe neck.

But I suspect she'll fill out pretty nicely.

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
her leg does look funny.......or rather her knee.......... And I'm pretty sure she has a really straight shoulder, her pasterns a wonky, and she looks a bit bum high.............. but other than that she looks like a cutie! :)

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
her leg does look funny.......or rather her knee.......... And I'm pretty sure she has a really straight shoulder, her pasterns a wonky, and she looks a bit bum high.............. but other than that she looks like a cutie! :)
Yep, her knee is screwed up, that is what the vet is coming out to fix!
Thank You!

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone else have any input? I would like to see everyone's opinion of her.
Tear her apart!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Everything I thought has been mentioned about her confo. I also, really adore her hind quarters!!! As for a disciplen...depends on if her knee will keep her from certain things. If not, I'd say reining. With those nice muscular hind quarters, she looks like she would drive from behind really well and thats much needed in reining (as I'm sure you know) lol. Other than that, I think she's looks cute and fuzzy! Good luck with her.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. She actually does mini reining stops in the pasture and man can she pivot, and she hasn't been taught anything!

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I am by no means an expert on conformation, but in my unexperienced eye, she looks very well put together and proportional. :]]
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.