Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Interested in this mini for driving. She does well under cart. The mini twists like this in deep footing but not noticeable during trot. What do you think of longterm soundness? What causes this?

Thank you!
https://youtu.be/sq2lCW1w6Dc

·
Registered
93 Posts
When I was 8 years old I rode a QH that did the same with his feet. The instructor said it was because he was older and had arthritis. Dunno how accurate that claim is.

·
Super Moderator
23,220 Posts
Couldn't really tell much from that vid, but did look a little odd. She also looks to have a 'peaky' looking pelvis/rump. I'd guess something 'upstairs'. Who knows what tho. Perhaps a bodyworker can sort her out. Have had a 9yo pony that was that shape, imbalanced behind, 'fixed' with the help of a vet chiro & a cranio-sacral therapist.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Do you already own this horse or is it one you are looking to buy? Either way, a good lameness exam done by a qualified vet would probably give you more answers on whether or not its anything to worry about better than on here. Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you already own this horse or is it one you are looking to buy? Either way, a good lameness exam done by a qualified vet would probably give you more answers on whether or not its anything to worry about better than on here. Good luck!
I'm going to look at her tomorrow. I totally agree! I'll look into finding a vet for a PPE before I get her. I was just curious what others thought too. Thank you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couldn't really tell much from that vid, but did look a little odd. She also looks to have a 'peaky' looking pelvis/rump. I'd guess something 'upstairs'. Who knows what tho. Perhaps a bodyworker can sort her out. Have had a 9yo pony that was that shape, imbalanced behind, 'fixed' with the help of a vet chiro & a cranio-sacral therapist.
Very True, thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.