The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I like her alot. I'm not a fan of the blue eyes but it's not a deal breaker for me. She has better than average conformation and she will never have a foal that is not well colored. She has some halter blood (impressive N/N) and some cow/performance blood(Skipper W) and some racing blood (Jet Dial and Stocks and Bonds AAA). She should be trainable, fast and athletic enough to do whatever you want and gentle enough to be nice to handle. The price may be a little high.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Kevin, I value your input very much and appreciate you taking the time to reply.

My thoughts on her were:
Yeah the price is just a little high, but with a little haggling it could possibly be brought down a bit. In terms of a trainable well conformed prospect she is pretty close to what I am looking for, nice potential IMO. Her nice lines mean her foals if bred properly could bring in revenue too. The biggest seller for me would be her produce record, conformation, and lines.

But alas I am going to be shopping around for a bit and though she is a great mare, she would probably be gone by the time I made any decisions... If not though, she is on my list!

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
She is just a touch sickle hocked but not enough to cause any kind of problem. Other than that, she is a very balanced, good looking mare. She has already proven herself a producer of quality (love that palomino foal) and has a very nice look to her. It does seem a little steep of a price for a horse that is at most green broke, even if she is a good producer. When just looked at as a saddle horse, the price is a bit high. But the good news is, with her mind, she should be easily trained and perfectly capable of whatever you would want to do with her.

The only thing that I can see about her that I don't particularly care for is she doesn't have quite enough bone in her legs for my taste. However, I think that is a preferance aquired from spending so many years around mustangs and drafts. LOL :D

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree completely about the legs smrobs, I too like a little more substance(Tom has little tree trunks).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.