The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally, I love them. I've been riding one for about 1 year and a half, and they are the best.

Some people dont like how much spirit they have, or the rocking horse canter.

So, what do you think of the Morgan horse? :think:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've met a few Morgans I truly, truly like (my mother owns two, actually, and they're both very sweet), but I don't generally like the look of them. My draft-mix is half Morgan, though. You couldn't tell if you weren't told.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I never used to be a fan of Morgans until I started to ride one at my old barn. Kitty was a great ride, she a little attitude but boy that horse could go anywhere and I LOVED her canter. They gave her away and I would have taken her but I can't afford to have two horses. She would have been a lot of fun to have. She has a really good home now as she wasn't very well taken care of before (hence why it is my old barn)

Here is a picture of her
Horse Mammal Vertebrate Mare Stallion

·
Registered
697 Posts
Even though I have one I really dislike them.

I think they are very smooth, but I've only been on 3.

I dont like the way their built, I dont like how high they hold their heads, and they seem small even if there 15hh...

Heres a picture of the one I have right now. Her sires a paint, and her dams a Morgan Cross Thoroughbred.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like them a lot, but my guy is half morgan so I'm a bit biased.

They're usually comfy and pretty versatile.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I love morgans! I've never had one, but I've worked with them before. My mom had them as a child, and she's in love with them. I worked with a trainer who has a 15hh morgan who can jump 4ft+. They are just a great breed. I think they are pretty, too.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Morgan horses are my favorite breed. I've never come across a Morgan I didn't like.

I LOVE their build (the old type, stocky Morgan build that is :wink:), they are so versatile which is my favorite quality in a horse, they can be calm but have enough get up and go they won't get boring, they're sturdy, GREAT horses and their canter is amazing to say the LEAST, so comfy. I can't say enough great things about them.

Here is my moms 25 year old Morgan mare, Toplands Sweet Dream aka Dream :D

I'll be looking for a weanling in a few months, I'll be looking for a Morgan! :D

Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
755 Posts
ooh KMDstar, her horse is gorgeous! Tell me when you find a weanling, and post pics!!
Oh believe me, you guys will be hearing alllllll about it :D You'll wish you weren't :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had at least 29 different Morgans in my life time and some are better than others. I used to have a Morgan mare name Mist ,who was only 13 years old when she died, but she was one of the best cart and trail horses i ever had. Her trot my have been bumpy but when she cantered it felt like i was floating. Her son,Hawk, is an OK cart horse, still in training, and is a wonderful trail horse. All the Morgans that i have had were all treated like members of my family. Mist saved my nieces life by putting herself in front of a large bull mastiff cross( she received many scars from that and the dog was soon shot by one of my neighbors), after that Mist was given a place of honor in my family. When she became ill with a virus she fought it until it broke her spirit, no matter how much pain she was in she would hold her beautiful head high and proud. I have also loved the wonderful and spirited Morgans.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I have always been fascinated by Morgans. I see them in magazines, books and shows and I love the way they carry themselves and boy are they gorgeous looking! :grin:

I have never worked with any before though... :???:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
One of my neighbors breeds Morgans- she has some amazing horses. They are just gorgeous. I had one Morgan come through my rescue who was also stunning- so very smart and versatile!

·
Registered
755 Posts
how can anyone not like them? Morgans are by far one of the most trustworthy horse breeds in the world.
LOL, I thought the same thing. Until this thread, I've never heard of people that didn't like Morgans :p

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've never ridden a Morgan personally, but to look at them... :) I think they're purrty. Lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.