The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
For a good price, I REALLY want a custom set for the shows :p
Would you be able to provide both hard and soft brushes? I think you could make some cool custom grooming kits if so :)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Have you put a cover over them to protect the paint?

They sell it at craft stores. It comes in a spray can. You spray the protective coating on and it watrproofs the art, as well as keeps it from cracking.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Love the idea of a custom made brush! How much are they?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thank you all SO much for the all the awesome feedback!!

Usually the prices for brushes range $12-$30, but since I got so much positive feedback, mention that you saw my brushes on Horse Forum and the prices will be a bit cheaper. So here's the price breakdown (grooming sets will be a bit cheaper, so contact me for more details on a full set):

$25 for a large natural bristled brush
$22 for a large synthetic bristle brush
$ 20 for a small natual bristled brush
$18 for a small synthetic brush
$12 for a small face brush (synthetic or natural)

I will do custom brushes, with your horse's head on it, name, barn color, your colors...

Also, I make horse themed jewelry for horse lovers, so they make great gifts for your friends who don't own horses! Prices range from $12-$20!!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
890 Posts
What a great idea! We like to keep seperate brushes for the horses and it's always a pain when they get mixed up. AND...what a great idea for Christmas and birthday gifts for friends!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
i'd love to get a set of brushes for my horse especially since most of his brushes are so old already. i might as well invest in something that's special made for him. what kind of prices are you giving for a complete set of brushes (stiff, soft, face, etc.)? also - where do you actually sell these? maybe i missed it - is there an online store or are you just selling through this thread?

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
I think they are darling!!! Don't know what kind of paint you are using but use the toughest paint you can get. I used to work for Sherwin Williams for 10 years so I know a little about paint! Their Duration paint is actually considered a "coating" and is tough as nails. It is expensive (approximately $20 per quart but ask if they have any "oops" Duration. You don't have the choice of color but it is generally about $5. Varnish it with their Deck stuff. It will be as tough as boots then.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
I like them. :) I'd probably lose mine though...All my brushes go poof...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Well, I haven't lost any of my brushes yet, and my horses never try to eat them. Those prices are MORE than reasonable. I love them! I would love to get a brush or two for my trainer/instructor for Christmas, painted with her precious horse Zip who died suddenly of colic. She won soooo many shows with that horse and was devastated when he died.

And maybe a big brush with each of my horses' heads on it. And my mom really likes the cherry one. I NEED TO GET A JOB!!!! lol

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Ok, where are you selling these, they are perfect xmas gifts for barn friends!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thank you all so much for the positive feedback! It's inspired me to keep it up, and I'm thinking everyone at my barn will be getting a nice holiday gift from me :)!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Floyd:

Here are the prices:

$25 for a large natural bristled brush
$22 for a large synthetic bristle brush
$ 20 for a small natual bristled brush
$18 for a small synthetic brush
$12 for a small face brush (synthetic or natural)

I will do custom brushes, with your horse's head on it, name, barn color, your colors...

21 - 40 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.