The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom is considering buying a horse for me once we have our financial status together as my trainer says she thinks I've "outgrown" my lease horse :cry:
(in ability not in height/size).

Anyhow, I came across this gelding and to me he looks great. I'm planning on progressing to 3'6 to the upper 4ft. A little short(15'3), but he seems to go over those jumps with little effort.

Must Sell! Talented Jumper for 10,000. | Buy this Horse at Equine.com

·
Registered
683 Posts
His canter looks interesting to me, I can't decide if I like it or not. It seems kinda like... mincing? If you know what I mean. I'll try to think of a better word to describe it.

·
Banned
629 Posts
Where is the video of him jumping 3'6"?

Seems to me they have a lot of 'brake' on him. I have a feeling he's being run at for the higher jumps. He's not at all engaged in that video and unless he can engage a whole lot more, he's not going to have the power to propel himself over the height and width of a 4' course. I'm not even convinced he's got the natural scope for what you want to do.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
mmmmm hes not one i would pick, i would just walk away from him because you could find a lot nicer then that for the same price. :) if you want i can look around on the internet and if i spot a nice one i could PM him to you if you like :) haha i love looking at horses for sale

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
He is sure cute.

:)
I love his Jump he seems soo calm.. I don't see him jumping 3'6 in the video but that doesnt mean he can't do it...
Some people advertise a horse without the real proof. I'd keep looking just in case maybe go look at him see how he moves in person and check him out just in case. But also get some more ideas and others to go look at.

·
Banned
629 Posts
I don't see him jumping 3'6 in the video but that doesnt mean he can't do it...
Some people advertise a horse without the real proof.
And some people advertise their horse as being able to do things it can't.

My point was...the video doesn't show what the seller is claiming...therefore that needs to be looked into further. It makes no sense to show a sale video of a GP dressage horse doing a level 2 test, just as it makes no sense to show a supposed 3'6" jumper capable of doing more...are the fences even 2'6", particularly when you consider the price tag. To me, that's immediately a red flag, so I'd want to investigate. It may simply be an oversight...though I suspect not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.