The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think that Cutter would be best suited for? I am not sure if these pics will be good enough or not. Yes I know that she is dirty in these pics. It had just stopped raining the day before. Just tell me your honest opinion. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have a suggestion? Do I need to get better pics of her? I am really wanting to know because I plan on showing her next year. I want to show her in pleasure but not sure if I should show her in something else as well. How do you think that she will do in halter?

·
Registered
250 Posts
They are not very good pictures for critiquing, but I dont like the legs they look too straight and upright. I am not very good at critiques so hopefully someone else will have something to say.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
These are not very good pictures AT ALL. We need profile pictures and some of the front and back. How old is she? What breed is she?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She is a 3 year old registered paint. She will be 4 on Jan. 2, 2010. I was using pics that I took for her registration pics. I will try to get better pics of her when it stops raining. Just tell me what you think right now.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
I personally don't think she would do very well in a halter class. Some of the confo issues she has are more aesthetic than functional problems. Her neck appears to be short and is very thin and couple that with her bigger head just doesn't make for an attractive halter type horse. Her withers are too tall, and something about her front pasterns/feet really bugs me. She might do well in a pleasure class depending on how she moves, she might also do well in speed classes if she has the ability or desire. So many of those depend on how she moves and if she can collect up and get on her hocks. That is too hard to tell from pix. Although, in a couple of years when she is more filled out and mature, she might do okay in some lower level halter classes. A lot of the issues that she has would be not nearly as noticable if she had a bit more weight and muscle tone but she is still a baby and that will come with time.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I can't make an accurate judgment from some of the pictures- in some she appears downhill and others she appears level. Being able to see videos of her movement would also help.

From what I can see, she may have potential as a gymkhana/gaming horse.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a camera that has video mode on it but I am not sure how to upload a video cameras video on the computer. Do you know how to do it?

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
When I upload mine from my picture camera, I have to save the video as a file then upload the file to youtube. For some reason, I don't have the software on my computer to view the video before I upload it. When you are uploading the pictures, there should be a little file with just an icon instead of a thumbnail and that will be the vid. :D

Was I confusing enough? I am terrible about trying to explain things like that.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks I went with my bf and he is going to help me upload the video. I have it uploaded on Youtube.com but I am wondering how to get it from youtube to here?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I am going to try and embed using the Youtube "embed code".

You can hear my loudmouthed BF (who is actually writing this) in the background. Sorry folks!! Now I know what NOT to do when I help her shoot a video!! LOL

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hear you all go with a video that I took of her today trotting around me while my bf videoed it. Not great less than a minute but hopefully you can tell and see her movement. It was very windy so she was a little spooky that is why the lead rope was held pretty tight. Most of the time her head is fairly level with her body and she trots on a loose rope most of the time. I hope this helps you all out. My first video by the way.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Has anyone had time to take a look at the video of Cutter?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What do you all think now?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Wel...I don't really know what you could do with her. She looks like she would be suitable for speed events or trails if you were interested in that. I don't know so much about western pleasure, so I can't help you there. She doesn't look like a western pleasure horse to me. Good luck with figuring it out :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.