The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll I went to look at a horse yesterday and I seriously have mixed feelings about him. I really want to do jumpers and supposedly he can jump, but when I rode him he seemed really uncoordinated and clumsy. I really want ya'll's opinion though do you think he would be a good jumper or is he just to bulky for it? Also just overall what do you think of his conformation? He is a 9 year old registered solid paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Steep shoulder angle
Neck is too long, throatlatch is thick and his head looks big
Seems in that photo like he may be just a tad over at the knee with short cannons and thick pasterns
Small feet
Back is a nice length
Maybe just a tad bumhigh and heavy on the forhand
Hindquarters are nice but quite sloping to the hocks
In that photo he appears severely sickle-hocked as well
All in all, not the best conformation, particularly for jumping.
All of this may have something to do with his clumbsyness

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
He looks like a trail horse to me. That's not a slam. I ride trail.
He does not look like a jumper and I would pass especially if he is on the heavy and clumsy side.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I don't see a good jumper in this horse. Steepish shoulder with low point of shoulder, thick neck that is low set, thick throat latch and sickle hocks. He looks like he would be very heavy on his forehand and does not look extremely athletic to me. I would pass if jumping is your goal.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Woah, I don't think this horse would do well in jumping at all- sorry to be blunt, but he would go lame very quick.

VERY sickle hocked, bad pasterns, steep shoulder, slightly camped under, funky neck , heavy in the front, unbalanced body overall… He looks very poorly put together and that would defiantly attribute to his clumsiness. A good flat work horse or trail horse, but defiantly no jumping potential.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thank you all so much for the info!!! I really appreciate it I think I will pass on him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.