The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it mean when someone says you need to "stomp out?"

My sister who's 19, almost 20 and the most neutral person I know (as in she avoids drama like it's a disease we both do) texted me not even 10 minutes ago and said there was a rumor going around between her group of friends that

"there's a rumor floating around that I need to stomp out. Two of my better friends have excommunicated me already. They won't tell me why."

I replied asking her what stomp out meant and she said "stomp out as in stop before more people leave. At least I think there is a rumor."

So I asked what she was supposed to leave, was she supposed to quit college and just disappear or.... but she didn't answer me back. She's supposed to go to dinner with me tonight but it's obviously bothering her or at the very least confusing her.

Does anyone else know what "stomp out" means?

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
I have no idea... o_O I'm interested in learning what it might mean though! haha

·
Banned
200 Posts
i think it might mean stay out of my business of something like that

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm. I can't imagine her being in peoples business, she's normally the quiet one. Frustrating! I wanna know what it means!!!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so she didn't tell me what it was but she missed dinner and when I called she was crying so since she wasn't in the right mind to drive I picked her up and brought her over to my place. Apparently one of her no ex bestfriends has been telling her friends she's been talking crap about them and saying she's better than them.
So she had spent the last hour between 6 and 7 contacting everyone explaining he was starting rumors about her talking down about everyone and she never said anything with ill intent. She then contacted him and said "I heard you've been spreading nasty rumors about me" and he responded "yeah and?".

So she's heartbroken over this. He was one of her most trusted friends for years up until this point and he has given absolutely no reason. So after she has explained what happened to everyone she'll be cutting off all contact and friendship with those who refuse to believe she has said nothing about them.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see. that makes sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts