The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well what does he/she mean in your life?

Are they your best friend or just a working partner?

Tell us their storys and why you love them.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
My mare is my life
she is my best friend, and partner in compatition (and crime.... lol) i love her alot, any boyfriend will ALWAYS come after her :D
i love her <3

·
Registered
657 Posts
Oh this should be fun :)

I got Bella when I was 7 years old. She was a 13 y.o. purebred Arabian mare. She was my first horse, and was a real handful, but we became best friends real quick. Whenever I had a bad day she was there to make me feel better. She was there for me though my parents divorce, my first broken heart, she was my stability throughout high school, the reason I said "no" lol. She has been coast to coast with me, and I even got divorced for her. She is My Bella, and I will never leave her behind. I have now had her for 15 (almost 16) years, and I trust her with my life. I even rode her throughout my entire pregnancy!

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Hm, what do my horses mean to me??

One word.................EVERYTHING.

If it weren't for my horses, I probably wouldn't have survived as long as I have. If I did, I would likely either be a drug addict or in prison. Denny helped me keep my sanity when I was in high school and my parents were getting a divorce and Dobe helps me keep it now between the stress of work and trying to get my place in this world figured out.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Every horse I've ever had has been special, but this mare I have now means the world to me. We saved each others life.. literally.

We've been there for each other thru thick and thin, and always will be

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
My horses are my best buds. I saved Stella from a bad home and have raised Luna from birth. They don't have impressive bloodlines and they aren't fancy show horses. In fact, they wouldn't be worth much to anyone else in the world, but to me they are the world (the only exception being my kids). They lift my spirits when I'm feeling down. They always have a nicker for me when they see me. I love to bury my face in their fuzzy winter coats. I plan to have them for their entire lives which is going to be a lot of years yet. I can't imagine my life without them.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Some one had a quote on here
"horses are not my whole life but they make my life whole"
My horse just keeps me going if I didnt have him my life would be different.
He has been my shoulder to cry on threw my parents divorce and when I have problems at school hes always there. Wierd how somthing that couldnt talk could say so much...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Before I matured I had depression and suicidal issues, but my mom bought me my horse Reggie freshmen year of high school even though it'd be hard to afford. And honestly, HE SAVED MY LIFE. I knew I could never run away or hurt myself, because I'd never leave him and have to miss and worry about him. This horse is everything to me. The day after I lost one of my friends I couldn't talk about it, but I went to the barn and just rode. I swear he knew it because he was so calm and easy that day. I love him so much, I'm afraid to think of what my life would be like without him.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Starlite came into my life at the perfect time, things were really going badly at school with friends being suicidal and it was just a very difficult time. Starlite came in my life when things started blowing up and going to see her made everything okay. I truly don't know if I'd be here now if it wasn't for her, I wasn't the only one that knew her and I were meant to be at first sight, my mom always says "The day I saw you and her at the end of the barn I knew she was your horse"

It's funny, too, because she was across the street from where I trail rode for a year. We'd ride by her pasture, Starlite and her two buddies (one being her son) would always run down and they were just always THOSE pretty horses with the big manes and tails. Never in a million years thought one would be MINE! It's still kinda crazy thinking about it.

Both Starlite & Dream (even though Dream is my moms) mean the world to me. Dream gave me confidence in the saddle what seemed to be just in time for me to be able to train Starlite. Without Dream, I would have never been able to train Starlite. Dream and I have issues, we don't always get along (mainly because she doesn't get along with anyone) but I LOVE her.

I don't know what I would do without either one, they're really my LIFE.

·
Registered
359 Posts
my horse is always there for me, through the hard and good times. she will always mean the world to me and despite all the problems she has gone through, i will ALWAYS be there for her. Food never distracts her she always comes up for kisses and cuddles, i have not had many things care for me so much in my life. she is always there to protect me from the bad, and i would give my life for her anyday.
my horse is worth all the money in the world to me, whether she is not to anyone else. the day i lose her may be the day i lose my mind.
people say horses come and go, but friends are always there, well my horse is my best friend and i know she will never leave me.
i got hollie for my seventeenth birthday, the day i had to sell my first horse, it was the sadest but the best day of my life, one i will never forget ;)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I don't think I can truly express what the trio (Ricky, Gidji and Ness) mean to me. They make me complete, they keep me going. They are my partners in crime, my little mischief makers. They keep me sane when I know I should be falling apart from the mistakes I made. They keep me grounded too! If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have the amount of self-respect I have for myself now. They are there for me 24/7, 365 days a year. They make me laugh, they make me cry. They are my everything 80 percent of the time :) Friends and horses thats all I live for.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
What do my two horses mean to me well the two of them mean the world to me but in two completely different ways.

I have had Patch since I was three I couldn't ride him he was nuts,crazy as hell. We sent him away on loan because I couldn't ride him and while he was away I was getting lessons in riding schools. When we went up to see Patch he had laminitis. He couldn't take a step towards us he was that bad that the next day when we took him home for obvious reasons we had to push him onto the box. He almost had to be put down and that was when I felt I couldn't live without this little pony. As a little ten year old girl I did all I could for my pony. He lived about a mile up the road and every day I walked up to him to do what the vet had told my dad to do. He eventually grew to trust me because of all this and now I am nearly the only person who can ride this little brat because he takes advantage of everyone else. I couldn't live without him, he is my little partner and he always will be no matter how tall I get(he is only 11.3hh) or how old I get he is never leaving my side.

Phoebe is a completely different story altogether. I didn't get on with her. She acted like she hated me when we first got her two years ago. She would pin her ears back at me when I walked into her stable. It just wasn't working out but I wouldn't tell my parents that no way was I going to tell them that this lovely horse that they bought me was a big grumpy horse that hated me. But I was getting to big to ride Patch as well as Phoebe and it wasn't fair him just being out in the field when we had to watch out for his laminitis coming back so we sent him out on loan again to someone who would ride him all the time. I didn't even get to say goodbye to him. I cried forever. When I used to cry over things it was Patch I went to and since I didn't have Patch I went to Phoebe and tried to make things work. Surprisingly things started going great and Phoebe helped me getting through not having Patch and we grew and learned together better than ever. When Patch came home for being to strong for his new rider me Patch and Phoebe were like a big happy family(except that Phoebe doesn't like Patch and vice versa) because now I love the two of them :D

Sorry for the big long thing if anyone actually read that cookies for you

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
My horses have always been my escape from the world. Whether I have a good or bad day, I know that I can always count on one thing and that is I will forget about everything when I am spending time with my horse.
This time around it has an even neater meaning in that the boyfriend is taking a very strong interest in it as well. It's been building our relationship even stronger and literally puts me in the best possible position in the world. I have a horse I adore and a man who means the world to me.

Couldn't and wouldn't change it for the world.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My mom passed away last May from metastatic melanoma. It was sudden and heartbreaking. She raised me around horses for much of my life and was a arabian horse photographer. At the time she died she was working for a nice arabian outfit, so she was involved in horses up to the end of her life.
It was last summer that I was visiting my nieces farm and a beautiful horse walked up to me at the fenceline...just had a great feeling about him. I asked her, "who is this?" and she told me, "Oh, that's Zodiak, he doesn't belong to anyone". She proceeded to tell me that he received a puncture wound to his fetlock a couple years back, rendering him lame. Even though I wasn't planning on getting a horse, Long story short, she gave him to me. I took him to a boarding stable near my home. We spent a lot of time together, grooming, walking (like a dog) and talking about life. He is 16 hands, so he did intimidate me at first...but he taught me how a horse can be a good friend and help heal wounds of the heart. I knew I felt more confident around horses and eventually wanted one I could ride, at this point I had made many good friends at the stable. I also knew that Zodiak deserved a "forever" home to live out his life. I did find him a home about 6 weeks ago, it is going well. I plan to visit him soon. I have been looking for a new friend and may have finally found a great one, I will be happy to have a horse back in my life, I can tell my mom approves!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
My boys are my life. Any future boyfriend will have to accept that he will never come before my horses. :wink: You can't really describe the love you have for your horses, like a mother can't explain how much she loves her kid.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I thought I was the only one whose horses kept them sane. Nice to know they do the job for many of us.
Great sharing of life issues of feelings everyone, thanks.

·
Registered
562 Posts
my boy is my life. i got him when my lesson barn closed and he was so aggressive they couldnt sell him and were going to send him to auction, and i bought him last minute. i bought him for almost nothing, and he ended up being perfect. he needed alot of trust and respect building excersises, but now i trust him with my life. he takes great care of me and even my mom who was thrown by a horse 2 years ago and was injured badly with a spine and head injury. she just got on him for the first time last saturday (after not riding for 2 years) and he was so calm and gentle, mom wasnt nervious at all, infact, shes going to start riding him reguarally.
everyone at the barn tells me (people who knew him before i bought him) say hes a COMPLETEY different horse, and most dont even recognize him since he's become so gentle. hes not the aggressive stallion he used to be, and hes amazing . when i had a horrible fall with him when he fell over a ledge and my face got sliced open on rocks and i was bleeding perfusly and couldnt sit up, he stood next to me the whole time until someone found me even though he was hurt too ( we were alone in a feild)
i cant say enough about him. hes perfect, and i know ill be his forever home :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
I've had horses nearly all my life. I grew up around them, and honestly, I never seen them as my partners. The horses I've had in my life were my friends. I talked to them, told them secrets, and shared my life with them. Sundance, who is currently our only horse, is our dream horse. Both my husband and myself have wanted a spotted horse for as long as we can remember. Sundance was such a wonderful find, and we can't imagine our lives without him. He's one of my best friends and he's treated as a friend, not a project or work partner. I just love him so much. Sundance made me realize that dreams do come true! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts