Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About the Appaloosa mare who was bred to a 32" mini via AI? :wink:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the horse was just bred yesterday apparently. I think the thread was closed, just wondering why.

I was hoping for some entertainment at work today!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm glad you mentioned it was an AI breedeing...I got this image in my head of the little fella up on a tack box!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I sure hope this is a joke! Who in their right mind would do that? What do you think is going to happen when that foal is born. It's not even going to be tall enough to nurse....the owners can have a good ol' 5 months of bottle feeding. :lol:

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Maybe the foal will be tall enough. It is still 1/2 full sized horse.

I read somewhere that the size of the mare's uterus determines the size of the foal. But I'm sure genetics also have to play a factor in there somewhere.

At any rate, I wonder why the owner chose to do that?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, I don't remember the user name... she was new. Wanted to know what height we thought the foal would grow to because the mare was 16hh.

Something happened to have the thread end up closed... I'm just curious as to what it was!

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
me too! I was the first to post there! I think its got deleted because its not in "my posts" either. :( i wanted entertainment,too! :) lol

·
Registered
16,508 Posts
Most mini to standard horse breedings result in abortion of the foal. The mare's body rejects the fetus, because it wouldn't be viable.

Breeding a mini to a standard horse is beyond ludicrous, and I don't know why any reputable vet would agree to do AI for such a cross.

Sounds like OP may just have been a troll, hoping for people to get up in arms.

·
Super Moderator
26,793 Posts
The thread was removed. It offered no educational value to the forum and was headed down a bad road at an alarming rate.

In the future should anyone have questions regarding where or why a thread was removed please PM a mod.

Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.