The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a registered APHA gelding, 14.3hh, 7 yo. He seems relatively decent. Very broke. I'm looking for a trail horse and also small horse large pony for my son.

At any rate, this guy is cremello. So what is it? A very pale palomino? He seems to be a subtle cream color but I can see a distinct blaze.

Here are some pics.... (excuse the flies. Not my pics.)

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think creamello is basically a colour of horse with pink skin and white hair, often with blue eyes... LOL I think its actually alot more complicated then that but that roughly what creamello is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, its what equin_fanatic99 says. Cremello is a very light cream color of the horse, it has white mane and tail just like a palomino would, they have blue eyes and pink skin!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do they have more care concerns then? IE: sunburn? Sensitive skin? I'm not terribly concerned, just always figured more information I can get the better!!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
if you take your regular chestnut and give it a cream gene, you'd get a palomino. if you gave it two cream genes you'd get a cremello. So it's kind of like an extra diluted palomino. FYI- If you had bay and gave it a cream gene you'd get a buckskin. If you gave it two you'd get a perlino. It's a bit more complicated then that', but that's the general idea.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I have heard that horses with pink or light colored skin are prone to melanoma (?) and sunburn.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Sun block is a must! Any horse with pink skin gets sunburn much more easy. He is a pretty boy though!!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I've also heard but dont have proof that light colored horses suffer from fly's bothering them more. When I heard that it explained to me why Toby is always covered in flies while my other horses are not. And looking at this Cremello's picture, I was not surprised to see him covered in flies too. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.