The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is NOT for sale, but I have been wondering this for a long time. I know how much I bought him for, and how much I think he is worth, I want to know what other people think!

Name: Romeo
Height: 14.3
Trained for: Great trail horse, Bombproof (Seriously the only things that scare this boy are gunshots and even then he is just a little fidgety,no spook in him!) The only thing he doesn't like to much is water, but we are working on that, and he really doesn't like trailers. He has been to fair, and fun shows for games.
Breed: QH (Maybe some arab in there...)
Now, onto pics!

Sorry for so many pics!

·
Registered
879 Posts
If you hadn't said QH I would have thought he was an Arab cross or a heavier built Arab. **** good looking horse. Since I'm in England I'll have to put in pounds and I'd reckon he's worth about 2-2.5k. He's catleaping over that jump though.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I don't the best idea of prices for a gaming/trail horse, sorry. He is gorgeous thoug, and I love how laid back he is (so many people create hot/sour gamers)

Adding the age will help people come up with a price :-D

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah he is not a jumping horse! The point of that game is to just get over the jump and run the barrels!
Thank you for the compliments guys!

I could have swore I put his age on there!
He is 13

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Around here he would probably go for $2000-$4000, especially if he is as broke as you say he is.

·
Registered
518 Posts
He's GORGEOUS!!!! :) I would say $5000, cause he's young and looks like he's really laid back and a fun ride! I definitely see TONS of arab in him....

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do ya love him? Can't put a price on love, can you.

His worth to you is what is important, isn't it?
^Yeah! But I still would like to know just because it is fun to see how my time and effort can make his price go up!
Around here he would probably go for $2000-$4000, especially if he is as broke as you say he is.
Wow, I bought him for 850 last March! This boy is scared by like nothing, I feel completely safe on him, he knows when new riders are on, and he settles down and listens, and then when I get on he is like "LETS GOOOOO!!!" haha! I love my boy!
He's GORGEOUS!!!! :) I would say $5000, cause he's young and looks like he's really laid back and a fun ride! I definitely see TONS of arab in him....
Def. a fun ride, he has some get up and go to him which makes it fun because you can walk a trail or you can be like "Mmmm, lets get movin' "

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, another question;
What do you think? QH or arab or both?
I was told QH but everyone that sees him thinks arab.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
A little over 10 years ago I purchased a 13 y/o, unregistered QH, 15.2hh and bomb-proof/kid-proof. Basically exactly what you are describing except he was great with cattle, and dark chestnuty brown.
$4500 is what I paid then and it was the best money I ever spent. These kind of horses are worth their weight in gold. He is now packing 3-6 year old kids around on a working ranch and is going to be 24 years old in 2010.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^Yep, you have to love those horses! I hope within a couple years he will be even better (A little calmer possibly, he still has a bit of energy!)

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Just because money is in the dumps right now, you could probably sell him for 2-3 grand. You could go a lot higher if the market ends going up. There a lot of people looking for good horses like that around his age.

·
Registered
562 Posts
i see arab lol
i have a pure QH gelding and he doesnt look like your boy.
id say arabian quarter cross. or "quarab" lol

around here, 2500-4000 would be reasonable.
i think youd even be able to get as much as 5000 depending on the wealth of the people around you.

a friend of mine bought a green, prospect pure connamara for 12,000. so, 5000 wouldnt even be too extreme!

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you everyone!
I love my boy so much, even though we have our times when we butt-heads a lot but he is still my good boy and he would do anything for me!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I may get bashed for this but I think he looks like a QH. They come in a lot of shapes and sizes these days. The ONLY arab I, personally, see in him is his tail set is a little high for a QH but then again, I've seen registered QHs with tail sets that high or higher. I honestly think he looks like a taller, more delicate QH without all the bulldog bulk nonQH people associate with the breed. I think his head is VERY QH with the heavy jaw and the large wide-set eyes, like the foundation QH. His build seems more like a running built QH with a less deep chest and high tail set...
I dunno. Could be pure QH in my opinion. From these pics I wouldn't doubt QH if you told me he was.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.