The Horse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chat Moderator
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that are allot of teens are rude, mean hearted, spoiled and selfish to down right crazy. And i know some things they say, and do shockes allot of us. But, what about the other teens, that all ain't that bad.

As a case in point, My buddy's daughter (Autumn) and his girlfriend's daughter (Sam), both young teens, are very polite and helpful ever since I have known them, in fact i was over at the barn riding the last time and Autumn asked me if she could get my horse for me. I told her thanks but no thanks I'll get him.

I have rode with Greg and her for the last few years. And she has always been that way. And before you think it, I am very cautous at what I say around them.

Are there any other good teens out there that you have dealt with?

·
Super Moderator
22,659 Posts
My cousin is like that. She's a 'late' teen (some years under 20) and we do things together every now and then since we both are into horses. She is and has always been very polite and kind, consider other people and willingly share if she has something that she can share. Now when I think, I've actually never heard her badmouthing anybody (she can mention if she thinks that there's something wrong with something or somebody but I've never heard that she spreads baseless rumors).

I think it's a lot of about parenting. I know my aunt has always required her to behave well and has also (had) some other good methods when bringing her up.

Of course there are also other things that impact on your behavior like the personality. But I think one of the most important reasons which some are rude and some aren't is that some are required to behave well and some don't.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I was considered a teen not so long ago myself, and my friends and I were always respectful and all that jazz. It's a shame that the age group seems to get such a bad rap all because of the actions of a relative minority.

I agree parenting has a lot to do with it, if not everything to do with it. Alas, some parents just don't have a clue.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Honestly, as a teen (just turned 18 a few months ago), I can say that we're not that bad.
Sure, there are a few stinkers but they're the vast minority. Often, there's nothing wrong with teens that a few years won't fix.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I am very shocked how at rude alot of today's teens are. It's very upsetting and I can't believe that their parents are stepping in and dealing with it.

I had a young girl that would babysit my son a couple of years ago when he was a young baby. She was THE most polite young lady that I've ever encountered, as was her mother. She was raised right and taught to respect people.

The other day I was at Wal-Mart and the cashier was a young kid (about 15-16) the ends of his hair were dyed bright red, he had a ton of "holes in his head." I expected him to be a little punk, but it was the total opposite. He was very well mannered and had great conversation with my three year old son! :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
I know what you all mean. :)
I've not long left High School ('bout three years ago now!) and I've never looked back!! They were worst years of my life!
I have more "true" friends now that I'm in my 20's than I ever did at High School. I can choose who I want to associate with, not just whom I'm stuck with.
I've been one of those teenager's who was born middle-aged, and I've just been waiting for the rest of my age-group to catch up.
People who had been HORRIBLE in High School, are now polite, well-adjusted and respectful. The difference of a few years is amazing!
I believe that it's just a maturity thing, and does not reflect the person inside.
Teenage years are a cross-roads, developing from who you were as a child to who you want to be as an adult. These are difficult years, no wonder the inhabitants of this difficult age-group are irritable!! Hahah

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
When they're on the Internet I think many of them feel its an outlet for things they can't do in real life. Its the same for many adults too. What they do with a parent standing beside them or in a job situation can be completely different from the way they present themselves in a forum or chat situation.
I think parents need to take more responsibility for what their kids are doing when they're online. Kids are kids, to quote Misfit "there's nothing wrong with teens that a few years won't fix."

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
My teenage cousins are great. Yeah sure they're a little hormonal sometimes, but overall they're nice, respectful, smart, and fun kids. They can get a little loud, but that's a family trait so no biggie. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts