The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys and gals,

Anyone know what model this Albion dressage saddle is? It's older and made of cow and buffalo. The only thing that I can make out under the flap is the Albion stamp, the size of tree and size of seat. I can't really find one like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hmm...the model of Albion I am finding in searches that utilizes buffalo leather is the SLK Ultima, but they don't seem to have the same texturing that yours does. I'm reading that the "Ultima" is an option to upgrade an Albion saddle to - so maybe they aren't mass-produced as much as their normal leather is?

The most similar saddle I am seeing is a saddle by "Zara" that has the texturing that yours does.

Something that immediately did pop into mind when seeing this saddle was the popularity of this textured buffalo leather in Arabian show circuits - I remember seeing many people specifically searching for saddles with this leather, for either Hunter-under-saddle classes and even their Show-hack (similar to dressage) classes.

Hmm...following...I'm intrigued!

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've had this saddle for about nine years and bought it used. I have no idea how old it is. The stamping under the flap that would tell me what it is, is worn. I can barely make out the M/W and 17 1/2. The serial number is pretty much worn off as well. I really like this saddle as it fits two of my horses pretty well, and it's comfortable. I've always been curious as to what model it is.

Is Zara a brand of saddle or an Albion model? It's definitely Albion. I can see the the albion logo stamp on the leather and the buttons are Albion.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Is Zara a brand of saddle or an Albion model? It's definitely Albion. I can see the the albion logo stamp on the leather and the buttons are Albion.
Zara was a totally separate brand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts