The Horse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
I currently Don't own/lease a horse but I do ride school horses.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Whats your dream barn? Mine is on a 200 acre piece of land. I have a indoor and outdoor arena with the sand and clay mixed footing. I have lots of stalls. Multiple tacking stalls and wash bays. I will have 2 tack rooms that are pretty big and have big lockers in them. The barn will have a second floor where I would live so I could live on the farm. We would have a 50 acre cross country course/field. Then we would have 50-100 acre of pastures, the rest of the land would be for the barn and trails. We would also have a hot walker. I would have a big feed room, a viewing room with coaches,ect. I would also have a spay room where a water treadmill, treadmill, ebson salt bath(with jets), and a salt steem room would be. The barn in general would be pretty big. The photo down below would be aesthetic for the barn.
Wood Floor Line Flooring Road surface
This is what my dream barn would be! what is your dream barn?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dream stable would be in my back garden! 200 acres sounds incredible! Unfortunately not achievable in England haha, but I hope you get your dream one day. I would love a nice cozy stable with lots of space to keep things organised. I’d also like a mixture of fields and woods to keep hacks interesting!

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I used to work at a place that has given me a fantasy barn. It was an indoor arena, with stalls on the other side of the alleyway. The stalls were pristine, but we only used them with a sick horse or rented them for overnights. On the side with the stalls was a climate controlled tack room, a bathroom, and a wash room. There was also a wash rack on that side, and a hallway which led to the office. There was a stereo system and lights of course.

I would like that set up without the office and hall. Outside there was an outdoor arena and a full sided round pen.

Down the hill were all the horse corrals and attached pastures, and each corral had a split shelter between t. The water troughs were more like water fountains. A small bowl which filled with fresh water between each use.

If that were handed to me it would be perfect.

Now, what I would actually like to build during my lifetime would be an indoor arena and small barn with a nice tack room.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Whats your dream barn? Mine is on a 200 acre piece of land. I have a indoor and outdoor arena with the sand and clay mixed footing. I have lots of stalls. Multiple tacking stalls and wash bays. I will have 2 tack rooms that are pretty big and have big lockers in them. The barn will have a second floor where I would live so I could live on the farm. We would have a 50 acre cross country course/field. Then we would have 50-100 acre of pastures, the rest of the land would be for the barn and trails. We would also have a hot walker. I would have a big feed room, a viewing room with coaches,ect. I would also have a spay room where a water treadmill, treadmill, ebson salt bath(with jets), and a salt team room would be. The barn in general would be pretty big. The photo down below would be aesthetic for the barn. View attachment 1123222 This is what my dream barn would be! what is your dream barn?
… and luxurious staff quarters to house all the people it would take to help with all this! I get tired thinking of all the maintenance required!

·
Registered
750 Posts
My dream farm property is 20 acres with access to 200 acres of trails (someone else owns them but I get to ride on the trails). It includes a paddock paradise though the trees, with run in shelters, a horse barn with heated tack room and a guest suite ontop and a small 3 bedroom farm house with lake close by. Would have 10 acres of land for growing hay/grazing. Would also have an indoor arena, round pen and tennis/basketball court and archery/shooting range.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Those who have seen the 1995 black beauty will know what I'm talking about, it's basically the stable at birtwick Park in that movie. Open air brick stable with a nice sized yard. It's more of a UK style stable but I love how open the design is. As for things like pastures or arena. I would love an indoor. The majority of the property would ideally be pastures.

Dallas is an older quarter horse gelding, and loves going on walks and free riding!
28 Posts
I would want at least 50 acres, with some trees and stuff for trails, a place for Cross Country training, an indoor arena that has a mirror and a place people can watch, an outdoor arena, a barn that can stall at least 20 horses, a round pen or two, and lots of paddocks.

Also another barn that has a second floor (so I can live there 😅) and can fit 10 or so horses, but also has a door type thing in each stall that would lead to there own place outside, and in that barn there would be an office thing

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Working on the dream currently. ;) We've got the land (130 acres), I've got an outdoor arena, just bought a tractor so I can properly dig/drag it now. Got our home. Got the landscaping done around our home. This year the projects are to put up a big run-in shed with small storage for square bales and extra tack, putting in a corral around the run in shed, and putting in another automatic water fountain in the other pasture. Then the last two items at some point are a real barn and an indoor arena. I am hoping within 5 years for both. Then enjoy!!!! Well, the hubs will need a storage shed at some point too in there, to park the Bobcat, tractor .... probably a future boat for him (guys gotta have a hobby too!!!).

Said knuckleheads all napping by the water fountain this fall when I went outside to go for a ride. They are laying in what will be the future corral on the south side of the future barn.

I wake up to my dream every day! Work hard folks. (y)

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
I stumbled upon my dream stable when I relocated to the east coast four years ago -- a three stall Amish prefab with a hay loft. It came with a 1790 farmhouse, 25 acres (five in pasture, the rest in woods), and basically endless trails, right out the door. I was in love with that little barn, perfect for a horse and her pony and a pair of goats, which are as much as I can take care of.

It lacked an arena, but we were working on making one when lightning struck the stable last summer and burned it to the ground (we got the animals out). So we've spent the last eight months rebuilding what was there. It is close to done. There are some improvements -- a roomier goat stall, a sink, a sawdust storage area, better lighting, more windows -- but it is essentially the same building.

I hope to move the animals back in, in a few weeks. Winter has been strenuous with just a run-in sitting in the pasture and little more than my horse trailer to storage stuff in.

Eventually, I'll get that arena finished.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
My dream would be to have hired help so I never have to muck a stall, drag a pasture, fix a fence, or lift anything heavy. Sounds great to me. And someone to move hay and stack it.

My dream would be to have horses that stay sound and healthy until the day they die.

I don't care so much about the barn or land. 7-10 acres would be ideal but we make due with what we have.

I would like to have an excellent farrier. And a friend to ride with.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
@4horses, I was just thinking how much more riding I would do if I didn't have to do all the chores, go get my riding clothes on, groom, tack up, (ride) , groom again, turn out, clean my tack, and then do the chores all over again .... I want to be landed english gentry in the movies who walk out the door and have the groom give them a leg up on their perfectly kitted out horse. Off I go!

Oh, this was about stables ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts